My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

iPlayer not working (intermittent)

(2 posts)
  1. chrisund123

chrisund123

For the past 3 evenings I've been trying to use the iPlayer, and been completely unsuccessful - I can select a program, but it won't play. Internet connection is just fine, ITV player works OK. However when I got home from work my son was using the iPlayer and it was working OK. Once he'd finished, I gave it a few minutes and tried watching top gear but got nothing.

I'll try it in the morning and see if it works earlier in the day... It seems it stopped working sometime between 1850 and 1910.

IPlayer seems to work OK on my computer. Anyone got any ideas?

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 19:53:48 #1 |
  2. chrisund123

chrisund123

Well after speaking to my son (a very technical conversation considering he's seven lol) turns out he couldn't get the iPlayer working either so he watched a present recorded episode instead. However after a bit of investigation I found the iPlayer worked OK through the backwards EPG.

Reading up on the subject, I tried the update file humax offer for on demand issues, but that didn't help. I then rolled back to an older firmware I had from the last time I did a manual update, and the problems remained.

I noticed the iPlayer seemed to have stored data in it which wasn't being effected by the software updates (previous searches etc remained) so I did a factory reset to clear the data, and hooray the iPlayer works again.

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 18:21:05 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.