My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Iplayer on FoxT2 unusable

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sprocketman

HDR - FOX T2 with firmware FHTCP 1.02.20.

I have just bought a new Fox T2 from John Lewis's mainly for the Iplayer facility relegating my PVR9200 to the loft. I am so disappointed. Iplayer takes ages to load my program then is unable to stream the show stopping and starting endlessly.

If I watch the same program on my laptop through iplayer it flows smoothly and works beautifully. My laptop is connected through wifi but fox T2 is connected with an ethernet cable so I was expecting a better connection.

Does anyone know if Iplayer currently unusable on the Fox T2s?

| Fri 17 Feb 2012 0:55:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JeremyWW

No, it works perfectly here, and I normally choose the HD option in iPlayer. I can only suggest you check that you have the latest firmware version on the T2. If not, download it here: http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=182
    Also, check the throughput to the T2 on your router (maybe change port) and change the cable.

| Fri 17 Feb 2012 1:14:31 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum sprocketman

Agree with Jeremy - Just streamed Inside Men in HD for 10 minutes without issue.

| Fri 17 Feb 2012 1:18:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sprocketman

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know Iplayer does work on these units. That's a relief!

When you say check the throughput on the FoxT2 is there a way to do that on the FoxT2 menus? I can't spot anything.

I also checked your download link and I do have the latest software. So I assume it's a router or humax setting I have to set. I will also try another ethernet cable - it's a long shot!

| Fri 17 Feb 2012 1:43:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JeremyWW

sprocketman - 7 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the replies. It's good to know Iplayer does work on these units. That's a relief!
    When you say check the throughput on the FoxT2 is there a way to do that on the FoxT2 menus? I can't spot anything.
    I also checked your download link and I do have the latest software. So I assume it's a router or humax setting I have to set. I will also try another ethernet cable - it's a long shot!

Hmmm... you might want to check that you don't have an IP address conflict (clutching at straws here). The only settings on the T2 are in Networking where it will by default use DHCP to claim it's IP Address on your network. I have manually set a 'Fixed IP' address on the T2 that's outside the range of anything else on my network. So you'll need to get into the web interface for your router and see what IP addresses you're using first of all, then re-vist the T2 settings and try a different 'Fixed' IP.

| Fri 17 Feb 2012 9:48:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

sprocketman

Changed the ethernet cable and the port the hummy is connected to on my router. This has made no difference. The IP address appears to be unique too.

Interesting thing: Youtube on the TV Portal works fine. Streams beautifully on the Fox-T2. But Iplayer is unusable. Can't think what it could be.

| Fri 17 Feb 2012 13:16:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

sprocketman

Also tried static address. Still no difference. Hmmm.

| Fri 17 Feb 2012 14:18:31 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JeremyWW

sprocketman - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Also tried static address. Still no difference. Hmmm.

OK, well, we're going through a process of elimination which is good. Next idea: How fast is your internet connection? Have you tried dropping the quality in iPlayer to see if it makes any difference? And / Or choose SD rather than HD? Go to Settings at the bottom of the iPlayer interface to access the quality setting.

| Fri 17 Feb 2012 15:14:14 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

sprocketman

My TV is connected via a SCART cable to hummy. It's an old Loewe Aventos CRT telly (in my view miles better picture than an HD LCD which is why i won't replace it) so I am on SD vision.

I have changed Iplayer setting to normal quality video (as opposed to high quality). It takes a while to get going (2-5 mins after selecting the program - which is sooo long.) But once going it seems to stream a lot better. Stops about twice in the beginning but after that it does stream.

If I stop the program and go back to the menus choose another one it all seems to hang. I get a blank screen. The front of the hummy scrolls "Humax TV Portal". At this point I exit the portal and go back into it again choosing iplayer etc. This behaviour (after stopping the program and choosing another) happens with high quality video too.

I wonder if this problem is related to using a scart connection / SD vision?

| Fri 17 Feb 2012 16:16:35 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JeremyWW

sprocketman - 6 minutes ago  » 
    My TV is connected via a SCART cable to hummy. It's an old Loewe Aventos CRT telly (in my view miles better picture than an HD LCD which is why i won't replace it) so I am on SD vision.
    I have changed Iplayer setting to normal quality video (as opposed to high quality). It takes a while to get going (2-5 mins after selecting the program - which is sooo long.) But once going it seems to stream a lot better. Stops about twice in the beginning but after that it does stream.
    If I stop the program and go back to the menus choose another one it all seems to hang. I get a blank screen. The front of the hummy scrolls "Humax TV Portal". At this point I exit the portal and go back into it again choosing iplayer etc. This behaviour (after stopping the program and choosing another) happens with high quality video too.
    I wonder if this problem is related to using a scart connection / SD vision?

Hmmm, but what speed is your Internet connection? At the moment I can't see why the Scart connection / TV would cause the problems you're experiencing. The only way to eliminate that of course is to try it on a friends TV...?

| Fri 17 Feb 2012 16:28:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.