My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

iPlayer Problems

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

Is anyone else having problems with iPlayer? I have an HDR 2000t and I have a couple of problems, which may not be connected to each other:-

1. For several months now, the home page has no graphics for most of the time. So the only thing visible is the menu down the left hand side. I have got round this by using the "search" button for every programme that I want to watch. Every so often, the graphics come back, then disappear again.

2. The far more serious problem started a few days ago: I am no longer able to navigate within iPlayer. So, after selecting the search facility, it will not allow me to use the keyboard to spell out a title. Nor will it let me scroll between previous searches. It will only let me select the first episode of the first series in the list and the only way to play a different episode is by fast-forwarding through the previous episodes and allowing it to move on to the next one. This is severely limiting and renders iplayer unusable.

I do hope that this is not my box on the way out.

| Sat 16 Sep 2023 15:38:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I don't use iPlayer on Humax freeview boxes but trying it on HDR-1800T it behaves the same as yours.

Rebooting the box - iPlayer is still how you describe.
    Switching to iPlayer Beta - it is still how you describe.
    Resetting Cookies & DRM Data - iPlayer is still how you describe.

I suggest anyone who wants it fixed report it to Humax support.

Support contact details: Tel: 0344 318 8800 or email uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk

| Sun 17 Sep 2023 10:58:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

Thank-you very much for trying this out and replying. At least I know that it is not just my box. I will contact Humax.

| Sun 17 Sep 2023 11:57:26 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Reported to Humax Towers this morning (18/09)

| Mon 18 Sep 2023 10:22:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

Thank-you Barry for your support. I also emailed Humax yesterday.

| Mon 18 Sep 2023 11:21:58 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

For info...Humax Towers acknowledged my report, confirmed problem themselves, passed to engineers for resolution.

| Tue 19 Sep 2023 15:42:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

I have just received an email from Humax Customer Support in which they suggest that I try doing a factory reset. Since Humax have confirmed the problem, is it worth even trying this?

| Fri 22 Sep 2023 11:18:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

JHS - 1 day ago  » 
    I have just received an email from Humax Customer Support in which they suggest that I try doing a factory reset. Since Humax have confirmed the problem, is it worth even trying this?

I presume that they mean a "Factory Default".

Perhaps they have applied a fix at their end but it requires a Factory Default.

As I don't use mine a reset was little hassle and the issue remains. Looks like they didn't test it before replying to you.

| Sun 24 Sep 2023 10:24:47 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

Thanks very much for trying this, Luke. I suspected that theirs was a stock response, without checking whether they had already acknowledged the problem and are investigating a fix, and did not want to have to redo my settings and favourite channels etc for no reason.

| Mon 25 Sep 2023 16:21:28 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

I received a further reply from Humax, in which they told me that the problem "should be fixed by now" and that I should do a factory reset. I have done this and it is not fixed. I have replied to them.

| Sun 1 Oct 2023 15:03:14 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.