My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

iPlayer Problems

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

Humax wrote to me the morning with this message from the BBC:-

"We would like to bring to your attention an important update regarding the BBC iPlayer service on your HDR-1800T and HDR-2000T devices.

We understand that there have been recent issues with the BBC iPlayer application. However, we want to inform you that BBC is planning to commence the decommissioning of the iPlayer service in the near future. This change will be implemented as soon as possible.

As part of this process, BBC will provide on-screen notifications with informative messages to all users. You can expect to see these notifications on your screen. The BBC will adhere to a 4-week notification period before officially ending the service.

We understand that the BBC iPlayer has been a valuable feature for many of our customers, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We encourage you to explore alternative ways to access BBC content, such as through the BBC website or app.

We will continue to provide updates and support during this transition period. If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team."

This is extremely disappointing and inconvenient for me as I have come to rely on using iPlayer on my Humax, especially when the TV signal is poor and my recordings are unwatchable, which seems to happen all the time at the moment.

Does anyone have any comments or further information on this please?

| Mon 2 Oct 2023 10:18:09 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I don't think it is a surprise. The workaround would be to buy an Amazon Firestick (costs from £35) or similar device which will give you iPlayer plus a range of other streaming services.

| Mon 2 Oct 2023 10:55:43 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

Thank-you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, we are still using an old TV which only has scart connections, partly because it still works very well and has a good picture and sound. This is why I was hoping that the Humax would work for a while longer.

Do you know of any other devices that will work with scart?

| Mon 2 Oct 2023 12:34:21 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JHS - 16 mins ago  » 
    Do you know of any other devices that will work with scart?

You could try an HDMI to SCART adapter such as https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-Adaptor-Convert-digital-Support/dp/B08DNH9TJS/&tag=blusas008-21 I found a review for a similar product suggesting that it worked for someone. At least if you buy the Firestick and converter from Amazon then there shouldn't be a problem returning them if they don't work.

| Mon 2 Oct 2023 12:54:07 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sheena

The BBC iPlayer and Sounds Support Team tell me they issued an update on 30/09/23 which should solve the issue of BBC iPlayer not responding to navigation controls and advise that I should make sure I have the latest iPlayer updates/reinstall the app. Does anyone know how to do this for the Humax HDR 2000T.

| Wed 4 Oct 2023 16:37:37 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sheena

I also received a message from Humax about iPlayer being decommissioned. When I contacted the BBC iPlayer and Sounds Support Team about this today, they said:

"I am not sure why Humax have told you that the iPlayer service is planned to be decommissioned - The BBC is committed to extract more from its online services, like iPlayer."

| Wed 4 Oct 2023 16:41:43 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

My latest response from Humax is as follows:-

"I've talked to the other agents and the managers and there doesn't seem to be a fix for this issue, and before you say there's no way how to update the app.

So basically what's happening is because it's like that, BBC decided to scrap it instead of fixing it."

So, the BBC say that they have fixed it and we just need to app to be updated and Humax are blaming the BBC.

If anyone knows of a way to progress this, please say so.

Meanwhile, I am seriously looking into a new TV, just so that I can watch iPlayer on a screen bigger than an iPad!

| Sat 21 Oct 2023 15:30:29 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.