My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Irritating blue box on Guide

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

Is there any way to remove the blue box that shows on the Guide? The timer for info is set to 5 secs. but it does not go off on its own and the small blue box is always present, covering part of the display.
    Thanks for any advice.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 12:28:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

donaldjamessimm - 1 day ago  » 
    Is there any way to remove the blue box that shows on the Guide? The timer for info is set to 5 secs. but it does not go off on its own and the small blue box is always present, covering part of the display.
    Thanks for any advice.

I have a blue box around the currently playing /selected guide programme but that's it.

Richard

| Sat 6 Feb 2016 14:50:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

Thank you for confirmation RichardS-UK. Can you say whether it disappears?
    My concern is that altering the display time from 5secs upward has no effect.
    It is extremely irritating having this blue box which actually tells one no more than was already displayed beneath it. If it sat precisely over the box it refers to it would not be so bad. The system on Freesat Freetime is far superior.

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 14:52:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

donaldjamessimm - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thank you for confirmation RichardS-UK. Can you say whether it disappears?
    My concern is that altering the display time from 5secs upward has no effect.
    It is extremely irritating having this blue box which actually tells one no more than was already displayed beneath it. If it sat precisely over the box it refers to it would not be so bad. The system on Freesat Freetime is far superior.

Can you take a photo of this box and upload it? You must be talking about something different to me as, in my case, it's the actual selected/active programme box which is blue so there's nothing to disappear, and certainly nothing with a time delay attached to it.

Richard

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 17:02:06 #4 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I too am puzzled as to what this blue box is; like Richard the only 'box' I see is to show the chosen programme in the EPG.

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 17:12:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

If you have a programme which is only 10 minutes long, so short that you cannot see what it is called, then moving this box to that programme expands the entry to the box size so you can see the whole title.

Move it up or down or left or right with arrows to reveal anything hidden.

| Mon 8 Feb 2016 18:59:31 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately the Humax is my daughter's some hundred miles away so no pic. However having read JohnH77 and cross-examining my daughter under a searchlight so to speak, I have determined that the blue box is vertically correct but horizontally seems to be a fixed 1 hour width, thus even if it is on a 40min program where all text can be read without the blue box, the said box extends beyond the current program and covers part (20mins) of the next box making it unreadable.
    Yes it can be overcome by moving it but it is an irritation when it does as mentioned above. Great for a 30mins program where you cannot read all text. So I assume that is not a fault, now I understand what it does.
    From my point of view (Humax freetime) my system puts the information above the guide in an unused area... great.
    As for the 4000T timer... there is a setting from 5 to 12 secs (I believe) that seems to be for the display time on the guide. I now, due to your comments believe it must be for the 'plot' box regarding program content... but it does not alter the display time, which is permanently on when selected and must be turned off manually.
    Any advice on that welcome.
    Thank you.

| Wed 10 Feb 2016 20:30:18 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.