My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Is a coax linked bedroom tv possible?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gymm

About to change my sky+ HD for this free sat box but currently the box has a coax linked tv in the bedroom connected with a sky eye which can control the box. Is it possible to do the same with this box? Currently must be connected by rf out. I don't want to use a video/ir sender. If it isn't possible, anyone suggest another way? Thx.

| Thu 13 Feb 2014 10:21:06 #1 |
  2. badbones

badbones

Hi Gymm!

The 1000s does not have any RF connections and therefore cannot do the same as the Sky box does.

You can however get a gadget that connects to the scart socket and converts the output to RF to send the signals to your bedroom TV.

As for having control of the box....well I'm sure there is something to do that but as it can't connect to the box in the same way as Sky's it has to work by placing a remote sender 'eye' in front of the box. This sends infra red commands just like the remote handset does.

Video senders are a better option because the picture quality is better than that through the RF and some senders even send the remote commands too. They are ugly though and ideally need to be hidden.

I hope this has been helpful.

| Thu 13 Feb 2014 10:51:25 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The OP needs one of these

Triax TRI Link KIT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNhOFommKQ

| Thu 13 Feb 2014 11:01:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

gymm

badbones
    Appreciate your reply which has great advice. Cheers

| Thu 13 Feb 2014 22:14:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ddubya

If you have an iPhone or iPad you can change the channel with the Freesat app

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 14:42:18 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.