My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Is it faulty?

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SuttonRider

I've got an 1100s and not sure if its faulty.
    1. When you enable Favorites then use the 'P' button on the remote it defaults to All Channels. What's the point of selecting Favorites?
    2. To get round the problem in 1. above I have deleted all the progs I do not want in the All Channels list thereby enabling me to use the 'P' button and only get the progs I want. Sorted I thought. But no, every so often I get the odd radio station or TV channels I don't want showing up and I have to go back and delete them again.

Is the unit faulty? or Is it just crap software?

| Wed 5 Jul 2017 18:36:25 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The favourites option isn't sticky on the g2 boxes. Every time you open the guide you need to press list up and OK to reselect the favourites epg filter. Freesat don't seem inclined to make it a sticky setting.

Not sure what you mean by the P button. The idea of favourites is to filter the programme guide listing (epg).

You have created a favourites list I presume, without this it can't possibly work ?

| Wed 5 Jul 2017 18:43:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SuttonRider

The 'P' button on the remote, half way up on the right hand side.

I have created a favourites list.

The Fav option really should be sticky as you put it. I have an old Humax of 7 years or so and it was the same on that too.

| Wed 5 Jul 2017 18:50:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SuttonRider - 1 minute ago  » 
    The 'P' button on the remote, half way up on the right hand side.
    I have created a favourites list.
    The Fav option really should be sticky as you put it. I have an old Humax of 7 years or so and it was the same on that too.

Are you referring to the programme up down button, if so that has nothing to do with favourites. It merely cycles up/down through the available channels you can view. For instance if recording two it cycles through the available 3rd channels.

To use favourites Press Guide List UP OK. Your programme guide should now only show entries for channels in your favourites list. Other options are available using list (eg HD channels only).

Apart from the fact the option has to be selected every time, a Sky box works exactly the same.

| Wed 5 Jul 2017 18:57:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SuttonRider

Yes that's the button. Would it not make sense to use the programme up / down button only to cycle, in this case favourites?

I know how to set up and use favourites. I must remember never to buy a sky box then!

| Wed 5 Jul 2017 19:09:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 14 hours ago  » ...a Sky box works exactly the same.

Err, no. On my SKY boxes there is a Favourites key (the blue button) on the R/C which enables shifting thru the set Favourites.

SuttonRider - 14 hours ago  » ...Is it just crap software?

No, crap design of the box UI.

| Thu 6 Jul 2017 9:17:15 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SuttonRider - 14 hours ago  » 
    Yes that's the button. Would it not make sense to use the programme up / down button only to cycle, in this case favourites?
    I know how to set up and use favourites. I must remember never to buy a sky box then!

Well in all the years I have had my hdr1000S and thousands of posts read, yours is the only one that expected the box to work like that. If that doesn't prove your expectation is not exactly common, I don't know what does.

| Thu 6 Jul 2017 9:45:47 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SuttonRider

Maybe others don't have the same insight. But seriously, if you only want to scroll through fav's its a right faff as it is at the moment. That's why I have deleted on 'All Channels' those channels and radio stations I have no interest in. How do others deal with it?

| Thu 6 Jul 2017 12:40:59 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SuttonRider - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Maybe others don't have the same insight. But seriously, if you only want to scroll through fav's its a right faff as it is at the moment. That's why I have deleted on 'All Channels' those channels and radio stations I have no interest in. How do others deal with it?

I remember the channel numbers of the channels I watch frequently. To change channel while viewing simply tap in the channel number. Same works in the epg to go instantly to the channel epg line at the current time.

| Thu 6 Jul 2017 12:55:19 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 10 minutes ago  » 
    I remember the channel numbers of the channels I watch frequently. To change channel while viewing simply tap in the channel number. Same works in the epg to go instantly to the channel epg line at the current time.

+1.

You could also get a programmable remote and set to do the required sequence with a single button press.

| Thu 6 Jul 2017 13:07:23 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.