My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Is it me or is the PQ of Euros on BBC1 & ITV bad?!

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

Firstly, my TV is a 1080, so not a 4K TV at the moment, but is anyone else finding the picture quality of the BBC1 HD and ITV HD broadcasts for the football really poor? I keep having to check that it is the HD channel and not the SD one!

Interestly, even though my TV is not UHD, I can actually get the Aura to play the BBC Iplayer UHD streams for the footie and it gives a way better picture than the BBC1 HD freeview broadcast. I'm suprised it works as I thought the Aura would detect my telly isn't 4K, but it seems happy to downsample the 4K streams, so at least I can watch matches on the BBC with high quality!

| Tue 22 Jun 2021 13:27:50 #1 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Finchy313 - 8 hours ago  » 
    Firstly, my TV is a 1080, so not a 4K TV at the moment, but is anyone else finding the picture quality of the BBC1 HD and ITV HD broadcasts for the football really poor? I keep having to check that it is the HD channel and not the SD one!
    Interestly, even though my TV is not UHD, I can actually get the Aura to play the BBC Iplayer UHD streams for the footie and it gives a way better picture than the BBC1 HD freeview broadcast. I'm suprised it works as I thought the Aura would detect my telly isn't 4K, but it seems happy to downsample the 4K streams, so at least I can watch matches on the BBC with high quality!

Some of the football coverage does look a little ‘soft focus’ to me on a 4K tv but that is HD upscaled to 4K. The UHD Iplayer looks much better if sometimes the colour looks a bit too vivid. That’s a good result for you if can use the UHD Iplayer stream on your HD TV.

| Tue 22 Jun 2021 21:56:43 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.