My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Is it possible to copy off films/TV shows to a PC/external H/D?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

I've finally had a reply from Humax regarding the issues I've got, and their solution (as something seems to have gone wrong) is a factory reset which will delete everything, but I have a few shows I was saving to watch and unlikely to be repeated, I know that they can be econverted to watch on a mobile device, but I don't want a loss of quality as I want to watch them on the TV so is there a way to copy them to a laptop PC or a hard drive connected to the Aura to transfer back?

Cheers

| Thu 26 Aug 2021 18:51:01 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    I've finally had a reply from Humax regarding the issues I've got, and their solution (as something seems to have gone wrong) is a factory reset which will delete everything, but I have a few shows I was saving to watch and unlikely to be repeated, I know that they can be econverted to watch on a mobile device, but I don't want a loss of quality as I want to watch them on the TV so is there a way to copy them to a laptop PC or a hard drive connected to the Aura to transfer back?
    Cheers

A factory reset does not delete recordings on the hard disk (as it says "Your recordings will be saved"). Also, you can backup user preferences.

| Thu 26 Aug 2021 19:05:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

Mars - 12 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Cheers

A factory reset does not delete recordings on the hard disk (as it says "Your recordings will be saved"). Also, you can backup user preferences.

Cheers thats good to know, as it said this in the email:

Please NOTE: This will erase all data from your device's internal storage including: your Google Account; System and app data; downloaded apps and user settings.

So I assumed all data also mean't recordings.

Cheers

| Thu 26 Aug 2021 19:19:17 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.