My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Is ITV1-HD still causing series recording failures.

(9 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A poster on DS is reporting problems with series recording of the early morning HD edition of Daybreak with symptoms indicative of the spate of failed recordings matching the event-id problems that were common around the channel launch.

I have set a series record test on my hdr. Could someone with a HDR FOX T2 oblige and see if Freeview is similary afflicted

| Thu 12 May 2011 10:59:36 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Graham one of my test recordings is Jeremy Kyle and that frequently fails on both ITV SD and HD due to either event id change or they muck up crids so every future timer is seen as a repeat.

Will set Daybreak, however the T2 software has been tweaked to overcome event id changes, though it does leave a clue.

| Thu 12 May 2011 12:48:16 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Thanks Barry

| Thu 12 May 2011 12:50:55 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Daybreak recorded OK on Freesat this morning. Left reservation to see if it works on Monday.

| Fri 13 May 2011 9:02:03 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Worked for me on Freeview SD and HD as well, and according to the schedule list all should be OK next week, but that means nothing as far as ITV are concerned....JK failed this morning, same programme crid as yesterday so seen as a repeat.

BTW I am also recording it on Freesat SD/HD as well.

| Fri 13 May 2011 9:57:15 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I have moved this thread to broadcast news as this problem affects freeview, and freesat - both ITV SD and HD.

It appears that this is being spotted and reported in other places as well, why only now when the problem has existed for quite some time. It was reported in the old forum before all that data was lost due to incompetence.

The good news is that the Foxsat HDR (using V15), and the HDR T2 software should cope with these late changes in event id's.

| Wed 18 May 2011 22:13:07 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The results from the South West Jury for Daybreak this week:

HDR T2 - 5/5 100% pass

Foxsat HDR (V15) - 5/5 100% pass

Foxast HDR (V13) - 0/5 100% fail.

Perhaps I should add a caveat to this, even with the new software the units will struggle to record timers if ITV change/send multiple event id's for the same programmme, which I think is what is happening today. Something is definitely amiss as Jeremy Kyle and This Morning has caused issues on all boxes.

| Fri 20 May 2011 8:24:50 #7 |
  8. brian

brian

special member

My HDR-FOX T2 had problems with today's "This Morning",

10:30 edition
    10:30 This Morning 0 min (failed recording)
    10:58 This Morning 28 min (started recording late)

11:30 edition
    11:29 This Morning 60 min (recorded OK)
    11:30 This Morning 0 min (failed recording)

My DigitalStream DHR8205U managed to record both parts correctly today, but yesterday it recorded the 10:30 edition twice.

| Fri 20 May 2011 19:04:08 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The failed recording icons are the clue that something unexpected happened, and the unit tried to rectify the issue - eg the event id changed from what was expected. Seen this numerous times now on JK timers.

This Morning has been fine all week until today on the HDR T2.

As I stated earlier, this is not new, the event id problem has existed for nearly a year, Trying to convince ITV that something is amiss is another matter though

| Fri 20 May 2011 21:29:18 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.