My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Is this pop-up a Humax issue?

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I'm sure I posted this Topic earlier today but I no longer see it in the Forum so I am re-posting it. Sorry if others see the same post twice but here it is again: -

Whilst using Netflix via the Humax box a pop-up message (see picture) appeared on screen. Pressing 'OK' did not get rid of it and neither did exiting Netflix. It just stayed on screen. It only disappeared after switching box off and back on again using the remote control and everything has been OK since. The Humax box receives internet via 5.0GHz WiFi and it is usually a solid signal strength. It has never happened before and the box is now 33 months old.

I suspect it is a Humax issue but has anyone else had this problem and know what caused it?

Attachments

1. IMG_1042.JPG (94.2 KB, 4 downloads) 3 years old
    | Mon 11 May 2020 12:52:31 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Which Humax box are you using ? There are several that have Netflix.

| Mon 11 May 2020 13:57:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

It is a HDR-1100S 500GB HDD.

| Mon 11 May 2020 15:24:42 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I will check it out on my HDR-1000S after finishing watching a recording on my HDR-1000S. The 1000S is essentially the same as your 1100S.

| Mon 11 May 2020 17:44:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I reckon the chance of reproducing something that has only happened once in 33 months is quite a long shot but I appreciate your help.

Here are my two-penny worth thoughts: - The message implies that the initial problem was due to Netflix link being missing. The second problem seems to be that the Humax software can't handle this event and it throws up the message but then it is confused and can't respond to pressing 'OK' on the remote.

Hopefully you can delve deeper. Thanks again.

| Mon 11 May 2020 17:56:57 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Netflix - Dangerous Lies plays back with no issues. So no apparent Humax issue.

| Mon 11 May 2020 18:19:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Verifying that one link (Dangerous Lies) worked doesn't mean it can't happen with any link at some time.

I expect it was a random thing. Maybe a faulty Netflix link. Maybe WiFi signal dropped out just at the time the link was being selected. Either way it seems that the Humax OS couldn't handle the fall-out.

I'll put it down as a 'random event' for now.

| Mon 11 May 2020 18:35:28 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Justintime - 38 mins ago  » 
    Verifying that one link (Dangerous Lies) worked doesn't mean it can't happen with any link at some time.
    I expect it was a random thing. Maybe a faulty Netflix link. Maybe WiFi signal dropped out just at the time the link was being selected. Either way it seems that the Humax OS couldn't handle the fall-out.
    I'll put it down as a 'random event' for now.

Perhaps you should consider a wired link rather than WiFi. All my kit is wired with a 16 way 1Gbps network switch in the rack with all my kit, with just a pair of 300Mbps home plugs to provide the link to my Nighthawk X6 built in network switch. upstairs in my study.

Virgin router is in modem mode. Connected kit includes a FVP-5000T, a HDR-1000S. A panasonic 4K bluray player, and a 4K firestick. A xbox one 360 and a HDR-FOX-T2.

All is connected to my Denon 4K AVR with Atmos speakers and a single 18gbps optical cable to my LG 55" OLED TV.

The only kit I use wirelessly is my android smart phone, a Galaxy tab S2 tablet for obvious reasons.

Zone 2 of the amp sends 1080p 50Hz content to a remote Full-HD TV using a single cat6 cable and a pair of cat 6 extenders.

| Mon 11 May 2020 19:19:31 #8 |
  9. jpv1960

jpv1960

I wonder if the message is not from the Netflix or Humax but a 'cast' from a PC or tablet or mobile phone. Anyone hungry in the household and whilst searching for sausages pressed the 'cast on tv' by mistake?

| Tue 12 May 2020 16:52:29 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

| Tue 12 May 2020 17:44:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.