My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Issues when connected with only one sat cable

(3 posts)
  1. skiday

skiday

Hi

I have a HDR-1100S as well as an older Foxsat-HDR. I have only two cables from the dish through to the units which were going to the 1100S, but I thought I'd have one cable to each for a while. When I took one out of the 1100S it refused to show any channels at all saying there was no signal, despite the settings showing that tuner 1 had good signal and quality. I swapped it over to the other socket and then I had channels, but when I turned it on later whilst a scheduled programme was supposed to be recording, all other channels were showing, but the channel of the scheduled programme was blank and the recording had failed. I attach a photo showing that tuner 2 has good signal, but still at the top it says the receiver has no signal which is a complete contradiction. I know the answer is to get a bigger LNB and run more cables, but it should work, and this is something where in the past with the old Foxsat (whith 2 cables in) I have noticed that while recording one channel I could only watch some other channels, but not others. Very strange.

| Mon 11 Jul 2016 10:54:40 #1 |
  2. skiday

skiday

Added photo:

Attachments

1. hummaxED.jpg (86.1 KB, 0 downloads) 7 years old
    | Mon 11 Jul 2016 10:59:21 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The number of cables attached are detected at installation and all recording logic is bases upon that number.

Any changew to the number of feeds should be followed by a reset to default. Take a poicture of your recording schedule as you will need to re-input this. Recordings will be saved.
    Note at the foot of the signal page it clearly shows is thinks it has two feeds.

As you found out a single cable should be attached to LNB1.

On your Foxsat you will also need to connect LNB1 OUT to LNB2 IN.
    Foxsat logic assumes this. The Foxsat also needs a factory reset to default.

| Mon 11 Jul 2016 11:28:11 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.