My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Issues with Humax HDR-1100S/GB/WH/500Gb

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pentris

Since I replaced my old Humax HDR-1010S last year there are some undesirable issues with the HDR-1100S unit. I am wondering if anybody else has the same issues.
    1. Every time the EPG is accessed it takes around 5 seconds to fully display the page
    2. I use subtitles all the time due to poor hearing. After pausing or fast forwarding any programme the subtitles are completely out of sync and race ahead of the picture by around 5 or 6 sets of speech. The only solution is to stop the programme completely and then resume the programme.
    3. On fast forwarding to change it from x2 to x4 or even further takes 5 seconds between each change before it responds.
    Everything is very slow in changing, just like an old tired PC. I know that manufacture has stopped and there is no practical replacement from PACE yet but does anyone else suffer from these problems, and before anyone asks yes the remote batteries are new and the old remote works just as slow, but only on the newer model unit.

| Tue 17 Mar 2020 15:51:55 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

1 and 3 are abnormal, I would first try a power cycle for 5 mins and then a reset to default (factory reset). I have seen reports on the second item before. If the reset does not work then I also suggest a hard disk reformat.

| Tue 17 Mar 2020 17:00:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pentris

Thank you for the guidance. I know how to reset or reformat HDD but not sure how to do the 'power cycle'. Please would you remind me as I have not been able to find info online. I think it is something to do with holding a button operated but cannot remember which one.

| Tue 17 Mar 2020 19:23:55 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pentris - 16 mins ago  » 
    Thank you for the guidance. I know how to reset or reformat HDD but not sure how to do the 'power cycle'. Please would you remind me as I have not been able to find info online. I think it is something to do with holding a button operated but cannot remember which one.

Pull the power plug out from the rear and leave it out for say 5 minutes.

Replace it. The box will boot for short period to re-start the clock and go into sby. Boot in the normal way using the remote.

| Tue 17 Mar 2020 19:42:43 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

Power cycle = switch it off at the mains - wait a while - switch the mains back on.
    Or even often easier than pulling the plug on the back, switch it off at the house mains socket for a while. No unplugging of anything needed.

| Wed 18 Mar 2020 9:10:54 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 1 hour ago  » 
    Power cycle = switch it off at the mains - wait a while - switch the mains back on.
    Or even often easier than pulling the plug on the back, switch it off at the house mains socket for a while. No unplugging of anything needed.

Mine is plugged in behind the Kit rack. It's very difficult to get at.

| Wed 18 Mar 2020 10:48:01 #6 |
  7. Trev

Trev

special member

I only said "often easier". 'Tis easier to unplug on the back of my T2 as well, but just offering up a possibly easier alternative. ;=)

| Wed 18 Mar 2020 16:31:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

patc50

Regarding the subtitles problem, I found this in an older post - apparently a reply from Humax re the problem:

There is a section in the settings for subtitles. Please follow the steps below to help with the subtitle issue:

HOME
    SETTINGS
    GENERAL SETTINGS
    ACCESSIBILITY
    SUBTITLES
    FONT
    Change the font settings from Variable to Fixed

I did this and it seems to have helped - not cured it but less of a problem.
    Cheers

| Sat 21 Mar 2020 20:24:06 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pentris

Thank you all for your responses.
    I tried power reset but no improvement.
    I tried reset but limited change.
    Have done a full format and reset and symptoms have improved.
    Have changed to fixed font and will wait to see if it helps.
    Sometimes I think it is the TV transmissions that are at fault. Last Friday whilst watching the Barging with Celebrities, in the last 15 minutes the subtitles bore no relation to any of the programme being shown. I think the programme was cut short and this threw all the subtitles out of step.
    At the end of the day this version of the Humax box is not very good and can be slow to respond.

| Sun 22 Mar 2020 12:30:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dodie117

Not sure if you solved the subtitle issue - I was the person who contacted humax and received the reply re the font. I still have issues with it but a lot better and seems mainly channel 4 but not exclusive. Stopping the playback (not pause but stop) for a second and then resuming fixes them for a while. I have found no 100% solution.

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 12:47:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.