My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

It's not all bad

(24 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Mariner, welcome to the forum

For a user like your daughter I think the only issue that will have any effect is failure of some recordings. Thanks to lots of experimentation by several members here and others the conditions which cause these is becoming a lot clearer. Ergo knowing how to reproduce the problem is a very large step in producing a fix

The other issues mainly involve DNLA playback, not likely to be an issue here.

I would hang on a week or so, if not a fix at least a workaround that works in all circumstances may be found.

It takes a while because anything you try takes at least 24 hours or longer to check the result. Ideally a fix should run for at least 8 days without actually using the box and not losing any recordings (1 day longer than the epg contains when the box is put in sby). Not easy to check as you might imagine without having lots of boxes.

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 17:31:07 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 45 seconds ago  » 
    Hi Mariner, welcome to the forum
    For a user like your daughter I think the only issue that will have any effect is failure of some recordings. Thanks to lots of experimentation by several members here and others the conditions which cause these is becoming a lot clearer. Ergo knowing how to reproduce the problem is a very large step in producing a fix
    The other issues mainly involve DNLA playback, not likely to be an issue here.
    I would hang on a week or so, if not a fix at least a workaround that works in all circumstances may be found.

Should have been an edit

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 17:34:55 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

Im loving my new hdr1000s.

Just downloaded the TVersity media server - and got a single PC license for just £3. This streams movies and music to my humax effortlessly.

It took a while to get the settings right... TVersity couldnt detect which type of media player I was using, as such music wouldnt play - but changing the settings in TVersity to 'Sony Playstation 3' means music and movies stream really well now.

I have also downloaded Airplay on my ipad too, this picks up the media centre.

Love it.

| Sat 5 Jan 2013 17:04:21 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stephinson

Well I have had my box now since November and still works perfectly. Loving the new YouTube ( how you can use if from your iPad Is beyond me )

I used sky the other day and can't believe how annoying its is fast forwarding through adverts
    As with the humax about 6 clicks and they are skipped.

If the screen aspect problem is fixed it would be perfect.

| Sun 17 Mar 2013 18:36:54 #14 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Stephinson - 1 hour ago  » 

I used sky the other day and can't believe how annoying its is fast forwarding through adverts
    As with the humax about 6 clicks and they are skipped.

If you go to the settings menu then you can reduce that even further.
    Pretty much most adverts go on for 4 mins and there is a 240 sec option so just 1 click is all that's needed, but there are also the odd program like Jonathan Ross that have shorter adverts where the 120 sec option with 2 clicks is the better option at those times.

| Sun 17 Mar 2013 19:46:41 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

Same goes here.. have had it a couple of months now & other than still getting used to a 'different way of doing things' I'm not missing the Sky box one bit. It's performing perfectly.

| Mon 18 Mar 2013 18:10:14 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The first ads in The Chase are 2 mins the rest are 4 mins. For me the defaults are ideal.

| Mon 18 Mar 2013 18:53:33 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

It's good to see a thread which hi-lites the positives. In most cases only people with gripes take the time to post on forums.
    I was perhaps lucky because I only had the box for about a week before the latest update and didn;t experience any real problems.
    It does things differently to the Sky+ box so it obviously takes time to get used to it.
    My biggest complaints are that almost everything takes more clicks than it really should need to.
    And the post codes for the Border TV region need sorted out in order to recieve the correct catch-up services.
    Apart from that I think this box makes Sky look old fashioned.

| Tue 19 Mar 2013 13:22:49 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

Totally agree.. all doom & gloom on here. I'm delighted with the unit.. got the 500GB one. Also agree the interface isnt the best.. not as slick as Sky & takes some getting used to. However not paying £70 a month, I can happily live with that.. that's a lot of extra curry nights out !

| Thu 21 Mar 2013 10:51:32 #19 |
  10. Al Catraz

Al Catraz

evtilsley - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Totally agree.. all doom & gloom on here. I'm delighted with the unit.. got the 500GB one. Also agree the interface isnt the best.. not as slick as Sky & takes some getting used to. However not paying £70 a month, I can happily live with that.. that's a lot of extra curry nights out !

I agree - not perfect yet, but it's free!
    It stands to reason that the majority of posts will be from people searching google for other folk having similar problems & issues as their own. I must admit to being one of those when I started missing recordings, but now that is fixed I'm a happy customer again.
    Those who are content with the box will not be searching to find somewhere to have a rant.

| Thu 21 Mar 2013 11:44:33 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.