My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

It's not all bad

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stephinson

I've had my humax 1000s 1TB for about 6 weeks

I've had sky about 10 years and had most of the problems that people are saying is wrong with the humax
    Failed recordings, cutting the end off program's, hard drive failing, crashing, failing to stop recording which then wipes everything off the box.

Got my humax and unplugged the sky box and plugged the humax in

2 mins later up and running

It's worked perfectly for the last 6 weeks
    Recorded every thing correctly

Plugged it into my stereo with the optical cable all works fine

Connected it with Ethernet cable to my network and connected to my server perfectly and plays mkv stuff (renamed to .ts) no problems

Copied my tv program's stuff (all mkv and xvid) on to a mini self powered USB hard drive, all play with no problems. ( most of my program's are not in DTS which is a problem )

I only get 2 meg broadband but I can watch bbc iplayer in hd as if you pause it, it will buffer the whole program if you leave it long enough.

I thought I would share my experience as most people will only post with problems which looks a bit unfair if somebody is thinking about getting one.

Maybe the 1Tb version which came out after the 500gig version was better.

Ps yes a don't like the clicky remote but probably because of using a sky remote for ten years
    and the aspect ratio would be good to sort out on USB playback but then that was not available on the skybox

| Tue 1 Jan 2013 12:39:19 #1 |
  2. chrisund123

chrisund123

Got to admit I've been really pleased with the Freesat box in the past 2 months I've been using it. I've not noticed a single missed recording personally, and all the other bugs are merely minor niggles for me. Certainly it's no worse than the Samsung Sky + HD box that I came from.

| Wed 2 Jan 2013 10:36:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Yes, it's not all bad. When my 1TB box does what it's supposed to do it does it very well. My son was visiting and remarked on the superb picture quality. He has a SKY HD box and a TV costing close to twice mine. However, the minor niggles are now a new bug found almost every day, see here...
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/free-time/bd-p/freetime
    ...and that regularity becomes a major irritant.

| Wed 2 Jan 2013 11:46:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

steven.44

I must say that having moved from my £10 a month normal sky+ package to the 1000s 1tb version I absolutely love it. I can't wait for Free HD Moto GP, some F1, FA Cup, athletics, cycling, even darts. Match of the day has never looked so good, although the pundits are less good looking in HD....... This has been the best piece of kit for me for an age. The ability to play shows from an USB hard drive has helped with the kids shows. Streaming items from upstairs and I player etc. Fantastic in my opinion.

Yes I have missed the end of a show but having now set end to manual 10 minutes I have not mised anything. My wife dislikes the guide but appreciates the saving each month. I have swapped the clicky remote for a Logitech and this works really well.

I would highly recommend this kit to anyone. I love it. Just need to enlarge my 32 LCD to enjoy the show more.

Steven

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 10:35:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

monterey

Which Logitech remote do you have?

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 13:00:43 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

See this thread for the remote that Steven is using:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/logitech-harmony-300i

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 13:36:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

"Connected it with Ethernet cable to my network and connected to my server perfectly and plays mkv stuff (renamed to .ts) no problems"

Hi, my box is not seeing my MKV's on my server via Ethernet, do you know why changing the file type works? Also can you advise on how the box handles 1080i?

Thanks,

Dave

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 13:17:26 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

"Ps yes a don't like the clicky remote but probably because of using a sky remote for ten years"

I grabbed a Logitech Harmony One used off Ebay for £55, controls all the functions of the box, and everything else besides!

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 13:23:27 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sherbet66 - 21 minutes ago  » 
    "Connected it with Ethernet cable to my network and connected to my server perfectly and plays mkv stuff (renamed to .ts) no problems"
    Hi, my box is not seeing my MKV's on my server via Ethernet, do you know why changing the file type works? Also can you advise on how the box handles 1080i?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Can't say why but the box plays 1080i (and 1080p24) no problem.

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 13:39:50 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mariner

What is the current view of this box and Freetime?

I'm looking to buy to replace my daughter's SKY subscription but she isn't technical. All I want is a unit that she can use to (reliably) watch and record TV progs/series with an easy-to-use EPG. This box seems to fit the bill but I've kept an eye on various threads covering people's experiences and I get mixed messages. I've got until end-January before I need to buy.

What's the views of the learned contributors?

PS
    I think the guys who spend their time checking out issues and finding workarounds are doing a brilliant job, I hope FreeSat/Humax appreciate their value!

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 16:08:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.