My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

ITV HD pixellating

(16 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Anyone here experiencing picture pixellation on ITV HD (seems to date from about the time they added two extra regional variants to 10964 H) ? It's also being reported by Sky users. Reception on my oversize dish shows 100/100% strength and quality. I have e-mailed ITV customer services and awaiting an answer.

| Fri 6 May 2016 11:19:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

EDIT - had Channel 5 HD on brain, transponder should be 11097 V.

| Fri 6 May 2016 13:05:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have noticed for some time now that when watching ITV the picture has momentary breakup, best description would be almost like a negative, or for those old enough to remember like the Daleks victims when they had been zapped -

Latest programme I have seen it on is Home Fires at the weekend, happened an number of times throughout. No problems with signal strength or quality - TBH I just thought it was rubbish bandwidth.

| Fri 6 May 2016 13:48:07 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 43 seconds ago  » 
    I have noticed for some time now that when watching ITV the picture has momentary breakup, best description would be almost like a negative, or for those old enough to remember like the Daleks victims when they had been zapped -
    Latest programme I have seen it on is Home Fires at the weekend, happened an number of times throughout. No problems with signal strength or quality - TBH I just thought it was rubbish bandwidth.

It's a fault at the broadcaster end. It should not be happening. Understandable if weather conditions were attenuating the signal, this is in perfect reception conditions with no other channels (even the weaker ones on Pan European Transponders) being unaffected. The bandwidth is stat muxed with the other transponders, if they can't give glitch free transmissions under perfect conditions there is a issue that should be fixed.

| Fri 6 May 2016 13:54:32 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Seems to be fixed (fingers crossed). No problems so far this evening.

| Fri 6 May 2016 20:19:48 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Got some on my recording of The Secret last night.

| Sat 7 May 2016 8:07:57 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gomezz - 1 hour ago  » 
    Got some on my recording of The Secret last night.

Any idea roughly how far into the programme ? Alternatively what was happening at the time ?

| Sat 7 May 2016 9:12:52 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sods Law - deleted recording on HDR1000S after watching it in chasing playback. Recording on Foxsat-hdr displays channel is scrambled or not avaialable after about 2 mins. So have no record of any problem.

EDIT ignore me - programme is currently being converted by convertfiles. Once complete should have recording.

| Sat 7 May 2016 9:28:28 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have a copy of The Secret that I can examine every frame. That's a lot of frames, some help in locating area will help

| Sat 7 May 2016 10:09:58 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Been through the entire recording, no sign of any picture pixellation.

| Sat 7 May 2016 16:46:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.