My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

ITV HD wrong area

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I have noticed over the last few weeks that my ITV HD is coming from the Meridian area so when local news, weather and adverts are broadcast they are not for my area. ITV1 is working fine for my area (I live near Ipswich, we get our channels from the Sudbury transmitter).

Is it that ITV HD only broadcast from certain areas? I have had a look and don't have any channels listed in the higher numbers, just one ITV HD which is Meridian.

Any ideas would be good. Thank you.

| Wed 28 Nov 2018 12:42:10 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tune to Channel 3 Which Should be Anglia

To check you are on Sudbury

Freeview Play - Settings - Channel Settings Signal Test

Look at Tuner 1 What channel does it say at the beginning ITV on Sudbury should be on CH41

CHxx ?

Check Your box isn't recording

Exit Freeview Play - Channel Settings - Manual Channel Search - OK

Change Channel to 41 Transmission DVB-T

What does the Strength and Quality say at the bottom of the screen

Enter your post code here - Tick the detailed view

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/about_the_coverage_checker

What does the result say your best transmitter is

The HD mux has The Meridian version of ITV-HD There is a limited number of ITV-HD regions. If you want more there is more on Freesat

eg ITV HD Anglia East

| Wed 28 Nov 2018 13:20:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Christina2018 - 50 minutes ago  » 
    I have noticed over the last few weeks that my ITV HD is coming from the Meridian area so when local news, weather and adverts are broadcast they are not for my area. ITV1 is working fine for my area (I live near Ipswich, we get our channels from the Sudbury transmitter).
    Is it that ITV HD only broadcast from certain areas?

Yes.

ITV HD Sudbury is currently broadcasting ITV News Meridian and not ITV News Anglia. (My main transmitter is Sudbury). To view the local news via freeview you would currently need to change channels to the SD version for ITV.

To quote ITV
    "ITV News Anglia is only available in High Definition (HD) in the East of the Anglia region and only via satellite on Sky (Channel 103) or Freesat (Channel 119)."
    "If you watch ITV HD on Freeview you will not see ITV News Anglia"
    https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-05-04/catch-up-watch-the-most-recent-itv-news-anglia/

| Wed 28 Nov 2018 13:59:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

It is much like the situation with BBC1 HD, except there they show no local news at all, just a caption, whereas ITV show a very limited group of regional services across the network.

| Wed 28 Nov 2018 17:09:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Thanks for all your help, at least I know it's not my box that is at fault and it something that everyone is going through in this area.

I was mainly confused as as A1944 has said on BBC1 HD when they show local news it comes up with a message telling me to change over to BBC1 SD to watch it, whereas with ITV HD it wasn't until I realise I wasn't even on the weather map that something was wrong

Thanks again.

| Thu 29 Nov 2018 10:48:29 #5 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

But at least ITV don't put up that stupid red screen with weird noises.

| Thu 29 Nov 2018 10:53:42 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Christina2018 - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for all your help, at least I know it's not my box that is at fault and it something that everyone is going through in this area.
    I was mainly confused as as A1944 has said on BBC1 HD when they show local news it comes up with a message telling me to change over to BBC1 SD to watch it, whereas with ITV HD it wasn't until I realise I wasn't even on the weather map that something was wrong
    Thanks again.

ITV have a vested interest in providing regional HD variants because they make money from regionally based advertising.

| Thu 29 Nov 2018 11:01:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Trev - 1 hour ago  » 
    But at least ITV don't put up that stupid red screen with weird noises.

The red screen doesn't bother me however the noises are odd! A nice song would be better.

| Thu 29 Nov 2018 12:29:51 #8 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

ZZTop with a goodly driving number would be great.

| Thu 29 Nov 2018 15:26:04 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.