My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

ITV Player on HDR 1000S

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Armageddon

Hi there, I'm on my second Humax HDR 1000S 2TB as the first one kept freezing then completely died. Have to say that it's not as good as Sky when it comes to watching programmes and recording at the same time. I used to be able to watch something on pause live tv and record two channels at the same time even overlapping by 5 mins but Humax doesn't seem to like that.

I'll persevere to see how things go as I don't want to go back to Sky, they are just too expensive for what you get.

After all that rambling my question is....why can't I view ITV player while on demand? I can get BBC iplayer, 4on demand, youtube, etc but for some reason can't view itv player. I live in the Scottish borders and don't have any problem receiving it on the internet. Any ideas?

Thanks

| Mon 16 Mar 2015 22:12:46 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

ITVPlayer is not available in Scotland on a <free time> box, you'd have to change your postcode to an English postcode.

| Mon 16 Mar 2015 22:24:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Armageddon

-gonzo- - 2 hours ago  » 
    ITVPlayer is not available in Scotland on a <free time> box, you'd have to change your postcode to an English postcode.

Thanks for that, will give it a go.

| Tue 17 Mar 2015 1:02:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The non-availability of ITV Player on Scottish postcodes is down to a petty commercial dispute between ITV and STV over teritorial rights. This despite the fact that STV have no plan to make STV Player available on the Freetime boxes.

| Tue 17 Mar 2015 10:31:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan123

Reference Armageddon's problem. This is a Humax only problem (in the borders). ITV player in DG postcodes works with all other freesat appliances, ie Panasonic, Samsung, Manhatton etc.
    Have spoken to ITV, STV, Freesat and Humax about this problem. Freesat say it's a problem with Humax's post code loading ie they think DG post code is an STV area. They won't accept it's their problem.

| Sat 2 May 2015 8:48:01 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Alan123 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Reference Armageddon's problem. This is a Humax only problem (in the borders). ITV player in DG postcodes works with all other freesat appliances, ie Panasonic, Samsung, Manhatton etc.
    Have spoken to ITV, STV, Freesat and Humax about this problem. Freesat say it's a problem with Humax's post code loading ie they think DG post code is an STV area. They won't accept it's their problem.

Does it work with a Panasonic freetime TV ? If not the error is in the G2 freetime postcode database so must be a freesat issue. Nothing to do with Humax other than the fact that only Humax and Panasonic TV's currently have freetime.

All the other kit you mention is first generation freesat so a different epg.

| Sat 2 May 2015 10:28:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan123

Yes, Panasonic TX-42AS740 with freetime works correctly. Put in your DG code and you get ITV Border and BBC Scotland as your allocated channels and BBC Iplayer and ITV player work perfectly.

| Sat 2 May 2015 12:27:47 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.