My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

ITV1 HD missing

(102 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

truckerbob

Barry - 12 minutes ago  » 

Does the fault lie with ITV or Humax?

itv

Definitely ITV. I have same of missing EPG info for ITV 1 HD from the coming Wednesday, on a Samsung Freesat television. Also currently "Record from HD" not being flagged as an alternative when selecting to record ITV 1( channel 3)from the EPG on a Humax HDR1000S.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 15:23:49 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

A little more on the subject can be found here:-

http://www.a516digital.com/2014/02/itv-hd-move-causes-disruption-to-some.html

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 19:00:32 #72 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Just recieved another email from ITV, not too sure why they need house number/name and phone number though.

Thank you for your further enquiry regarding your Freesat EPG Guide.

In order for us to help with your query would you please forward the following details. The information you supply may be passed to our technical team, transmitter engineers or other departments, as necessary.

Postcode:-

House number/name:-

Daytime phone number:-

We look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Once again, thank you for taking the trouble to contact ITV.

Kind regards,

Elaine

ITV Viewer Services Officer.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 19:57:41 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I just received an email confirming that the channel is now operating normally, and telling me to retune. I did retune, to no effect. Have responded informing them, and suggesting they check the forums so they can see that this is under discussion.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 20:08:38 #74 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I did start off my post #52 with 'Against my better judgement' now you know why.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 20:08:44 #75 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Barry - 1 minute ago  » 
    I did start off my post #52 with 'Against my better judgement' now you know why.

Indeed.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 20:10:09 #76 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

What if anything have Freesat to say about this fiasco ?

It appears from all the evidence that anyone with a Freesat box/TV has a epg disappearing one day ahead every 24hrs, and all we get is platitudes and responses from so called customer advisors working from a script that clearly is completely inadequate .

If nothing is done by Tuesday then anyone with a Freesat+ box will only be able to record using manual timers.

Anyone heard about Nero fiddling while Rome burns, AKA ITV ignores the issue till the next viewing figures reveal a sudden and dramatic drop in viewing figures, followed by a drop in advertising revenues and the share price dropping.

All due to technical incompetence, how do we make them sit up and take notice (Complaint to OFCOM for instance).

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 21:15:04 #77 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Bear in mind that Freesat viewers of ITV are in the minority compared to those watching on Freeview who are fine so the affect on viewing figures is correspondingly lower.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 21:25:17 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

gomezz - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Bear in mind that Freesat viewers of ITV are in the minority compared to those watching on Freeview who are fine so the affect on viewing figures is correspondingly lower.

And many Freesat viewers, including me, will make other arrangements rather than miss seeing the programmes they want to see.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 21:57:42 #79 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 16 minutes ago  » 

gomezz - 30 minutes ago  » 

And many Freesat viewers, including me, will make other arrangements rather than miss seeing the programmes they want to see.

That includes me, but so many do not have the alternative choices.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 22:15:12 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.