My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

itv2,3,4 & film 4 don't work

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

The above 4 channels suddenly stopped working. In the EPG guide, from the current time forwards it says 'no programme information available' but if I scroll backwards to an earlier time all 4 channels have full programme information available. It seems as though as soon as it is at 'live' time the channel goes off?

Also, all 4 channels are in the tv list and a favourites list but if you switch to the channel it gives a message saying there is a weak or no signal available. Well there must be a signal because the aerial loops through to the tv and all channels can be seen on there. I also have the aerial split to an HDR Fox-T2 and that has the cahnnels too, as does the tv that it's connected too.

The signal on the other units is very good so I figure it must be something to do with the 4000T itself. I've re-tuned (both full & SMART methods) & power cycled several times but still can't get those 4 channels. I've checked and there's no transmitter problems (Tacolneston) either. I'm on the latest software too.

Is this a box problem (it's under warranty) or a bug of some sort? They were working fine but just failed one day without anything being adjusted?

| Fri 22 Jun 2018 20:51:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

scgf

The Tacolneston relay was reconfigured on 6 June 2018 and channels were moved around. It could be that the channels you now can't view have been moved to a frequency your aerial is not equipped to receive. A wideband aerial may be necessary.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-06-05/tvs-in-the-anglia-region-will-need-re-tuning/

I just re-read your post and you say that you can receive the offending channels on other TVs in your house. Are they fed from the same aerial?

| Sat 23 Jun 2018 16:27:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Curiously, PSB2 at Tacolneston is on a channel in the middle of all the rest (disregarding COM 7 & 8).

PSB1 40
    PSB2 43
    PSB3 46
    COM4 42
    COM5 45
    COM6 39

| Sat 23 Jun 2018 18:42:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

scgf - 2 hours ago  »  you say that you can receive the offending channels on other TVs in your house. Are they fed from the same aerial?

That has already been answered.

rodmac1951 - 21 hours ago  » 
    I also have the aerial split to an HDR Fox-T2 and that has the cahnnels too

The above 4 channels suddenly stopped working.

Can you receive ITV1 (SD), Channel4 (SD), Channel 5 (SD) and E4 OK on LCNs 3, 4, 5 and 28?

| Sat 23 Jun 2018 18:54:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

Luke - 7 minutes ago  » 

scgf - 2 hours ago  »  you say that you can receive the offending channels on other TVs in your house. Are they fed from the same aerial?

That has already been answered.

I also have the aerial split to an HDR Fox-T2 and that has the cahnnels too

The above 4 channels suddenly stopped working.

Can you receive ITV1 (SD), Channel4 (SD), Channel 5 (SD) and E4 OK on LCNs 3, 4, 5 and 28?

Yes, I can receive every other channel. I also don't think it has anything to do with PSB2 as some channels are on another mux. I doubt if I need a new aerial either. I had a new wide band aerial a couple of years ago and as I said every other device can get the channels, all from the same aerial.

As the TV that's on the loop-through gets the signals perfectly the rf signal must be going through the 4000t, which is what makes me wonder if it's a fault.

| Sat 23 Jun 2018 19:15:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

As you've power cycled (presumably fully off) and also actioned a non-smart retune, if I were you they next thing I would try is a default settings reset.

But before doing that, out of curiosity, what details does it give if you switch to one of the 4 channels that is missing the signal and the aerial part of their epgs? Does it actual report which UHF number it's expecting the channel from?
    The aerial sourced part of the guide is on all channels so even before you attempt to watch one of the problematic channels the unit is failing to tie up what is coming through the aerial and store it for those channels.

| Sat 23 Jun 2018 19:43:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

Luke, it doesn't say anything other than 'no programme information available'. There's nothing else in th EPG and if I try to access it by the OK button or keying in the channel number it just says 'it's a weak or no signal', nothing else.

I was planning to do a factory reset but I need to pick the time. My good lady is p---sed off enough with this 'upgrade' (my idea too) so if I lose all her recordings without her knowing my life won't be worth living.
    I know the recording schedule gets deleted but can the recordings be saved if I do a reset?

By the way, Channel 5 is doing it now but the opposite way round! In the EPG. anything before the current time there's no programme information but all programmes now and in the future are OK. That only started today though.

| Sun 24 Jun 2018 21:01:08 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Recordings are not deleted during a factory reset unless you tick the box to 'Format' the drive.

| Mon 25 Jun 2018 7:53:54 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

Harters - 12 hours ago  » 
    Recordings are not deleted during a factory reset unless you tick the box to 'Format' the drive.

Thanks, I'll give it try then. It's now happening on channel 5 & 5* but at the same time ITV2 & ITV4 have come back. Odd?

| Mon 25 Jun 2018 20:35:36 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.