My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Jumping out of time shift (TSR)

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobkat

I have found a quirk with TSR on the FVP 5000T. If you happen to be recording a program while watching it as well in TSR. When the transmitted program ends you are jumped out of TSR and have to find the program in your recordings where you are given the option to continue watching from where you left off.

Slightly annoying.

| Sat 31 Mar 2018 10:34:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

That is how the Humax freeview twin recorders have always been designed, although it setting a restart option when this happens is news to me.

Bobkat - 3 hours ago  » 
    .. and have to find the program in your recordings where you are given the option to continue watching from where you left off. ...

For one of the previous threads on this topic see
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/cant-pause-live-tv-when-recording-the-same-series

| Sat 31 Mar 2018 13:43:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobkat

I don't recall my HDR 1100s doing this, but hay ho nothing in this world is perfect.I still think the picture is better with the 5000 than the 1100s, so all is good.

| Sat 31 Mar 2018 14:53:03 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bobkat - 7 hours ago  » 
    I have found a quirk with TSR on the FVP 5000T. If you happen to be recording a program while watching it as well in TSR. When the transmitted program ends you are jumped out of TSR and have to find the program in your recordings where you are given the option to continue watching from where you left off.
    Slightly annoying.

If you watch the recording in chasing playback rather than using the time shift buffer, you won't get chucked out when the recording finishes.

As already posted all the Humax-HD Freesat and Freeview-pvrs do the same.

| Sat 31 Mar 2018 17:57:04 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.