My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Just bought HD satellite recorder HDR 1000S 500mb - cable issue

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

emmeline

New to forum and not very technically literate so please bear in mind with any answers. Have just bought the above but only have one cable from my sat dish into house. This works perfectly well with my current grundig freesat box but I wanted a box which would record etc hence my purchase of the above. With just the one cable, I get a weak antennae signal on the TV and an scrolling installation wizard notice on the humax box.

I have read the posts about getting a coaxial with an f connector but I cannot see an output slot to connect this to if I get one. Have I brought the wrong box or is there something that can be done to get this connected up and working properly?
    Thanks

| Sat 22 Dec 2012 22:12:30 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Your report is a tad confusing.

'f' connectors are the standard connection. I guess you are using the same cable that worked ok on the grundig, and if so then can only assume that you need to remove, check the cable and f connector carefully, re insert in the HDR 1000S and try again.

The HDR 1000S then needs to be connected to the TV via HDMI or scart connector, and the TV switched to the correct input. You should see the installation wizard on screen.

| Sun 23 Dec 2012 11:04:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

emmeline

Thanks for getting back to me, Barry. I am using the same connector as I used to connect to the Grundig box - but which one of the two possibilities should I be connecting to as I have one cable but two slots - input 1 and 2. Both tell me I have a weak signal at present but it worked perfectly OK with the Grundig which I have now gone back to using. The TV was connected to the Humax box by scart and HDMI (do I need both?). The installation wizard scrolled on the box screen but not on the TV - probably because there is a weak signal.

My reference to the connector was that there is a suggestion somewhere else on the site that I should get an additional coaxial cable with another two F connectors and connect one to the additional socket and then one to the output socket (which I cannot locate). That is my take on it anyway.
    Sorry to be so technically obtuse about this! I expected I would buy the box, plug it in and like magic, it would work!!
    Emmeline

| Mon 24 Dec 2012 0:59:31 #3 |
  4. chrisund123

chrisund123

You only need the HDMI or the SCART - I'd suggest the HDMI as it's better.

As for only having one signal feed, really you need two to be able to record one channel and watch another. I'd advise against getting a splitter to change you existing feed from one into two, as if you have a weak signal already it'll be half as strong after you split it into two.

Really you need a dual LNB fitted to your dish, and possibly need the dish re-aligning if the signal is weak. Check the end of you existing signal feed, if it's a bit ropey you might be able to re-terminate it and sort out the low signal that way.

| Mon 24 Dec 2012 11:26:04 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There's one post somewhere that says the the box works without an external splitter (not needing a loop like the Foxsat-hdr). Not got round to testing this yet. In any case a poster on DS has used a splitter without any problems.

Could the OP check this out (make sure the single cable is connected to lnb 1 in).

Tune to BBC1-HD and press the record button, Tune to BBC1-HD and press record again.

Enter 119 on the remote to get ITV1-HD on the TV and press pause on the remote - can you view and then pause channel 119 ?

| Mon 24 Dec 2012 11:47:38 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.