My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Just joined and network question

(13 posts)
  1. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I would be inclined to suggest that on a college network you get a cheap router (ones designed for cable NOT ADSL) whose External IP address should be set to the assigned address (DHCP will pick one up automatically if not static from the college) and leave the router to assign internal addresses via DHCP. They normally include a switch but you could alternatively use the existing one.

If you have statically set an IP on the humax based on an assigned from the college IP on your PC then there may be IP conflicts on the college network.

| Sun 11 Dec 2011 16:03:04 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MuggeMax

To conclude this thread, my problem is fixed. It appears to be an issue with the College network where the Humax is scanning every PC on the network before finding my own. However if I swtich th PC and the Humax on before connecting to the network it finds it without any trouble. I can then connect to the network/internet and everything is working fine.

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 16:51:36 #12 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

MuggeMax - 1 day ago  » 
    To conclude this thread, my problem is fixed. It appears to be an issue with the College network where the Humax is scanning every PC on the network before finding my own.
    Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

I am not sure the college would be happy about the humax scanning its network, hence suggesting using a router where the humax is then on your private network behind the router but you can still access the network from your PC or internet (iPlayer etc) from the humax.

Edit: see&tag=blusas008-21 this one for a cheap router. I use one of these at work (though I paid much more for it).

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 20:31:57 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.