My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Keep & Don't Keep

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

I have ni on 400 episodes of Frasier Crane...yes we find them really funny when you consider what junk there is on TV.

I wanted to clear some memory but keep (lock) certain episodes so I selected one, then the Keep dialog, the screen went blank and when it revived itself ALL the episodes had padlocks.

So I thought if that happens then using Don't Keep it would remove all the locks but no it removed some but not all. I selected one of the padlocked episodes and repeated Don't Keep and it removed all the remaining padlocks.

Could this be the result of having too many episodes.

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 17:05:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

You do realise the "keep" function doesn't actually lock or protect programmes from being accidentally deleted. Put a padlock next to a programme and you can still delete it. Apparently it was designed to work with the boxes Auto Delete function only, for those users that never delete anything and are happy to let their hard drive fill up. Put a lock next to a programme and the box should automatically delete something else if the HDD is full.

Personally I think it is better to delete as you go, don't let the HDD fill up for no good reason and make sure the 1000s Auto Delete feature is disabled.

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 17:45:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Donj - 50 minutes ago  » 
    I have ni on 400 episodes of Frasier Crane....

I take it you recorded them on a loop as they only made 264 episodes ! (Counting the last one as two)

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 17:57:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

All replies acknowledged thanks.

It's just set to record Frasier. I will check out the loop aspect.

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 19:47:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

By loop I just meant series link, Ch4 probably play the series in a loop and if the CRID code doesn't change the box will just carry on recording from the start again. (So not the boxes fault)

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 20:27:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

For me the real star of the show is Niles - he is just so funny, the facial expressions, timing and acting are superb. Of course it goes without saying the scripts are second to none. Mind you I love Eddy too.

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 23:20:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

It's like many of the old programs, without certain actors would they ever been as good. And yes it was the writers that made it so good, such excellent scripts indeed. We were discussing Niles the other evening and how he plays such a good part and what if it were not played by DHP...we just don't know. If KG was on $700,000 per episode I suspect DHP must have also demanded a high price. I really like the other dog in the show, Bulldog, ruff ruff.

| Fri 11 Jul 2014 5:07:01 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.