My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Last Channel watched

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gillinger

Is there a setting so that when the 1000S boots up it goes directly to the last channel watched instead of to the TV Guide? I've looked but can't see anything.

| Thu 25 Jun 2015 12:35:03 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It does really but the mini-guide still shows for a short while. It will time out.
    No, there is not a setting to change this.
    It is freesat's U.I. design.

| Thu 25 Jun 2015 15:10:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rkl

The beta firmware you can download (from Jan 2013) actually has a different startup behaviour. The display appears fullscreen with a brief now/next banner that disappears after a few seconds i.e. it never goes into the full GUI like the current firmware does.

It appears that Freesat made a conscious decision to change the startup behaviour in later firmware releases and that was a UI mistake, IMHO. All the other TVs and recorders I've had over many years have *never* gone into the UI on startup. Now we have firmware that forces you to press an extra button (Back) on startup to get rid of the UI.

Considering how clunky much of the HDR1000S UI is, I doubt Freesat will fix this (or other UI issues - like the criminal lack of use of coloured buttons for shortcuts for common functions).

| Sat 27 Jun 2015 20:25:03 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

rkl - 13 minutes ago  » 

The beta firmware you can download (from Jan 2013) actually has a different startup behaviour. The display appears fullscreen with a brief now/next banner that disappears after a few seconds i.e. it never goes into the full GUI like the current firmware does.
    It appears that Freesat made a conscious decision to change the startup behaviour in later firmware releases and that was a UI mistake, IMHO. All the other TVs and recorders I've had over many years have *never* gone into the UI on startup. Now we have firmware that forces you to press an extra button (Back) on startup to get rid of the UI.
    Considering how clunky much of the HDR1000S UI is, I doubt Freesat will fix this (or other UI issues - like the criminal lack of use of coloured buttons for shortcuts for common functions).

I think they like their "House Style". Forget changes to it - hope they don't think of improvements!

| Sat 27 Jun 2015 20:40:16 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.