My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Light sequence

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

flowerpower59

Just got a 5000T and struggling to understand the lights on the front. Red=standby, blue=on, but when recording it's blue AND red, right? Is that the only time it's blue AND red?
    So, if its on standby and a recording then starts, will it go from red to blue AND red? and will it return to red when the recording has finished?
    Also, conversely, if I am watching something on it and a recording starts it will go blue and red then return to blue?
    What if I go to bed while it is recording and I want it to go to standby after it's finished recording?
    I'm so confused.

| Thu 14 Apr 2022 17:37:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

flowerpower59 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just got a 5000T and struggling to understand the lights on the front. Red=standby, blue=on, but when recording it's blue AND red, right? Is that the only time it's blue AND red?
    So, if its on standby and a recording then starts, will it go from red to blue AND red? and will it return to red when the recording has finished?
    Also, conversely, if I am watching something on it and a recording starts it will go blue and red then return to blue?

What if I go to bed while it is recording and I want it to go to standby after it's finished recording?
    I'm so confused.

What you say about the sections I have not highlighted are, as far as I believe, correct.

Regarding the last bit, if when you go to bed and the display on TV screen is blank (with the TV on of course!) then it will go to standby (red) when the recording completes. If you can still see the picture, then press the power button on the 5000T remote to blank the screen. It will continue recording and go to standby at the end.

Having said that, I have observed with various devices that blue LEDs tend to fade gradually over a while, and that has been true with my 5000T. Mine now really only shows "red" or "no red", with no obvious "purple - red/blue" or "blue" display.

My router has blue LEDs as well and they can only be seen with all the lights off in the room, and only just then!

| Thu 14 Apr 2022 19:04:06 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.