My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

List of bugs on my HDR 1000S

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rkl

I'm on the July 2016 firmware (which I believe is the latest) and here are the bugs I've seen with it on my HDR 1000S:

* Aspect ratio is wrong on almost all movies and some TV shows played back via USB/DLNA, making them unwatchable. This is by far the most critical bug, IMHO, and was actually introduced a couple of firmware updates ago (I never had the problem prior to that).

* If I have more than 7 recordings (so they're split onto 2 or more screen listings) and then start watching and deleting enough to leave 6 or less recordings remaining (so it's select to play, stop at end, delete watched recording, repeat and rinse), then the listing will fill up the empty slots with earlier recordings (e.g. 6 left -> recording 1 repeated in slot 7, 5 left -> recordings 1 and 2 repeated in slots 6 and 7 and so on). Annoying, but fixed by going out of the recording listings and coming back in again.

* When playing back a movie or TV show via DLNA, if I let it go to the end and then exit to the movie/show listing, the listing won't show and leaves a "busy" circular icon in the middle. It doesn't hang and can be fixed back leaving the Humax media section and going back in again, but it's quite annoying indeed.

* If Showcase is selected immediately after coming out of standby, it'll often say it isn't available (yet the Net connection is fine). Going into the On Demand section afterwards (which does work) does show a Showcase panel on the left. Leaving On Demand and re-entering Showcase again always works - implies Showcase is taking a long time to init (during which it shouldn't really be selectable).

On a different note (it's not a bug, but a bad feature), if I'm playing back a movie/TV show (either a recording or DLNA/USB source), I feel that the auto-standby function where you specify a standby time should wait until I stop the playback (or the playback ends) before going into standby.

Yes, I have tried rolling back the firmware manually, but the Humax will force the new firmware back on if you go into standby for any length of time (particularly overnight) - there's no way of stopping that auto-update when in standby! Keeping the recorder on 24x7 is not really an option either (I did it for a short while, but eventually gave up because equipment like this really should be in standby when not used).

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 13:06:58 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

rkl - 38 minutes ago  » 
    If Showcase is selected immediately after coming out of standby, it'll often say it isn't available (yet the Net connection is fine). Going into the On Demand section afterwards (which does work) does show a Showcase panel on the left. Leaving On Demand and re-entering Showcase again always works - implies Showcase is taking a long time to init (during which it shouldn't really be selectable).

The Network (LAN) connection is assumed if the Ethernet connection has powered and has a IP address. However Showcase and on demand are not enabled until after a handshake with freesat's server.

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 13:49:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

rkl - 35 minutes ago  » ...If I have more than 7 recordings (so they're split onto 2 or more screen listings) and then start watching and deleting enough to leave 6 or less recordings remaining (so it's select to play, stop at end, delete watched recording, repeat and rinse), then the listing will fill up the empty slots with earlier recordings (e.g. 6 left -> recording 1 repeated in slot 7, 5 left -> recordings 1 and 2 repeated in slots 6 and 7 and so on). Annoying, but fixed by going out of the recording listings and coming back in again...

I vaguely recall a user reporting that problem a few years ago and a Factory Reset fixed it.

rkl - 37 minutes ago  » </cite...When playing back a movie or TV show via DLNA, if I let it go to the end and then exit to the movie/show listing, the listing won't show and leaves a "busy" circular icon in the middle. It doesn't hang and can be fixed back leaving the Humax media section and going back in again, but it's quite annoying indeed...

Yes, been that way since day 1 in 2012. I reported it on the old Freesat official forum (now no longer operating) and they deleted the report. I looked in detail at it and concluded that each time it exits to the listing it tries to re-index the entire contents.

rkl - 37 minutes ago  » ...If Showcase is selected immediately after coming out of standby, it'll often say it isn't available (yet the Net connection is fine). Going into the On Demand section afterwards (which does work) does show a Showcase panel on the left. Leaving On Demand and re-entering Showcase again always works - implies Showcase is taking a long time to init (during which it shouldn't really be selectable)...

Yes Showcase can take a while to populate. You make a valid point that it should not be selectable during that time.

rkl - 37 minutes ago  » ...On a different note (it's not a bug, but a bad feature), if I'm playing back a movie/TV show (either a recording or DLNA/USB source), I feel that the auto-standby function where you specify a standby time should wait until I stop the playback (or the playback ends) before going into standby...

Surely you get a warning it's about to go into s/by. In any event is this not what auto-s/by is precisely for. The box is left on by the user and it goes off automatically. What you are in fact asking for is different degrees of auto-s/by. Good luck persuading Humax of that one.

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 13:54:11 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.