My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Live TV app

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simp

Hi,
    Used to have a freesat 1100 box and used to use the humax app to remote record - all worked great until box died.
    Now moved to freeview and have purchased the 5000 box and downloaded the Live TV app on iOS. Set up device on myhumax.net account but the app will not work on mobile data. It only works on same wifi.
    The data is turned on on iPhone and for app but it says check network when wanting to access the TV guide.
    Can I remote program the 5000? If so what am I doing wrong??
    Many thanks

| Tue 27 Oct 2020 19:59:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

Use the "Humax TV Guide" app instead and set recordings from there - works over 4G as well as wifi.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 10:31:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

pigolato - 35 mins ago  » 
    Use the "Humax TV Guide" app instead and set recordings from there - works over 4G as well as wifi.

Out of curiosity, I just tried this and could not get past a sign in page requesting email and password, neither of which I could set up as there were no other pages offered for registering.

Edit: Had a look around with my laptop and found a guide section on myhumax.net which gave me a clue for a password I had used so I got into the app using that.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 11:12:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simp

Many thanks for this suggestion. Will give it a go.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 16:06:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Trying to make head or tail of the Schedule listing in the Humax TV Guide App on my iPhone.

All my schedules are there, but in no order I can see, not alphabetical, not by channel number, not by date/time.

It just seems random.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 18:29:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

All my schedules are there, but in no order I can see, not alphabetical, not by channel number, not by date/time.

I have had the same problem - when it works! My FVP schedule has not updated on the portal for a month now. Is the schedule on your app correct even though in the wrong order? Have emailed HUMAX about my problem but no response. I can set a recording but have no confirmation that it has worked. I'd be interested to hear whether anyone else has seen this anomaly.

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 9:23:15 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

GrahamRHK - 1 hour ago  » 

I have had the same problem - when it works! My FVP schedule has not updated on the portal for a month now. Is the schedule on your app correct even though in the wrong order?

As far as I can see, it is all there from today's schedule and beyond. I have not, however, compared it in detail with the 5000T.

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 11:03:10 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simp

Works like a charm! Many thanks Pigolato

| Fri 30 Oct 2020 13:38:21 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philip

I've had problems with Live TV over several years, to get the program guide to work, when out & about I have to cancel registered devices, in settings/ my profile. Generally found the remote recording function to very high maintenance. Falls over regularly only to fix is a full factory reset / re-format. It's an old product now & Humax are just not interested in fixing it.

| Sat 31 Oct 2020 6:07:50 #9 |
  10. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Live TV shows my schedule from day one but tick boxes to delete past future or current schedules is not there just a blank space.

Why is Humax so crap at designing its Apps? Doesn't bode well for the, alleged, forthcoming Aura App.

They seem to have good ideas then appear to lose interest before full potential is reached - so sad.

I have had my FVP 4000t several years now and the Live TV App has been crap for all of them.

| Fri 1 Jan 2021 15:49:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.