My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Live TV App doesn't work when box is turned off.

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chirper

I thought the point of the app was to be able to watch recordings or live tv from the Humax box. For me however if the machine is turned off for sometime it stops working.

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 11:53:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The standby power requirement of 0.5W precludes any way of booting the box from it's LAN connection. It can only be booted by infra red or preset timers. This is the case with all modern Humax boxes.

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 12:43:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

I have installed the live tv app on my galaxy s5 but despite (apparently) pairing the phone and the 4000t successfully I can get no further. The Live screen is blank, as is the schedule. I have signed in and the remote record app is working fine apart from the schedule which has a number of issues.

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 15:41:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

With version 31, the box is supposed to be viewable, certainly over DLNA, whilst in standby. Currently this does not seem to be working.

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 16:01:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Apologies if I hadn't made it clear that I am trying to use the app whilst the FVP is on.

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 16:04:19 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I don't have this unit but it occurs to me that it may be necessary to turn off power saving in standby (if the unit has this setting, which I imagine it does).

As Graham mentioned non decrypting PVR's must consume < 0.5 Watts in full standby, which must be the default setting. There is no way it could meet this and be able to wake-up over the LAN.

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 16:12:17 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

giverny - 1 hour ago  » 
    With version 31, the box is supposed to be viewable, certainly over DLNA, whilst in standby. Currently this does not seem to be working.

As Repassac confirms it would need a standby mode using considerably more power than the sub 0.5W default. Basically it would have to be scanning the lan port continously to recognise a wake up command from the app. No idea if it has such a mode.

It should be able to wake up from the app in the pre 15mins watch for Accurate Recording starts, Basically Humax boxes wake from full sby 15 mins or so before a Accurate Recording is due to start, just do not have any video or audio output.

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 17:31:12 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chirper

Power saving mode is turned off....

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 20:27:06 #8 |
  9. brian

brian

special member

Chirper - 9 hours ago  » 
    I thought the point of the app was to be able to watch recordings or live tv from the Humax box. For me however if the machine is turned off for sometime it stops working.

You need your box to be turned on in order to use the Live TV app.

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 21:01:58 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Chirper - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Power saving mode is turned off....

At a guess all that does is enable rf loopthrough (it powers the rf loop amplifier). Not sure why you want the app to boot the box, why not just boot it with the standard remote. If you want to do it remotely just add a wireless infra red repeater system.

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 21:09:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.