My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

locked on deleteing

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Willie

My 2 year old box worked ok until my wife started deleting 300 files of unwatched soaps. The box still receives and continues to give all functions except record and delete. When watching tv the deleting icon, revolving circle, is displayed at all times and no matter what function is being used the box is stuck on DELETING.
    I have done all the switch offs, unplug, kick it around the room etc but no luck. It will not allow me to access 'system' or 'installation' or 'format disk' so I am stuck as well.
    It would seem that the HDD is DAMAGED ?? so is the only solution to this to REPLACE the HDD ?? If I do this surely I will lose the OPERATING SYSTEM and then the box will have no function at all ??
    Can anyone help me move forward with this ? Thanks WILLIE

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 14:50:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Willie welcome to the forum. Firstly this is a known issue and there are ways of recovering involving reflashing the firmware from a usb device. None of the operating system is stored on the hard disk in common with all Humax pvrs (It's stored in Flash Memory (NVRAM)). This is why it's simple to stick a brand new drive in, providing it's a supported size the box will set it up automatically for you.

If you Google HDR FOX T2 stuck in deleting recordings you will find lots of information

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 15:12:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » If you Google Foxsat-HDR stuck in deleting recordings you will find lots of information

Foxsat?

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 15:16:30 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 42 seconds ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » If you Google Foxsat-HDR stuck in deleting recordings you will find lots of information

Foxsat?

Senior moment - now corrected - thanks

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 15:18:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Willie - 31 minutes ago  » 
    I have done all the switch offs, unplug, kick it around the room etc but no luck.

See post #4
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/permenant-deleting

If that does not work then there is something called 'custom firmware' for the HDR-FOX T2 which in maintance mode can fix it.

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 15:21:34 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.