My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Locked up playing MPEG-TS, rebooted, now iPlayer doesn't work

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattH

I copied some MPEG-TS files onto the HDD, after a while, pressed the back button. Playback stopped machine was completely unresponsive. Tried the 2580 thing didn't work. Tried holding down the power button. Had to remove power to get it back.

I don't know if this is related or coincidence: currently iPlayer via On Demand or TV guide just creates a blank screen.

Anyone else have iPlayer problems? Any suggestions for how I might get it working or determine where the fault is

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 19:46:09 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Just a hunch - if you go to standby and back out does it work then? Interested in the result.

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 20:18:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattH

REPASSAC - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Just a hunch - if you go to standby and back out does it work then? Interested in the result.

I had the same thought:

• Standby and back: still no iPlayer
    • Relaunched the local video file that wedged the system when "Back" was pressed: playback worked. Backing out worked. Still no iPlayer afterwards
    • No ITV Player either.

Edit:
    Contacted the support email address with details and a plea for help. Also a handy reminder to register for the free 2-year warranty.

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 20:44:03 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Have a look at settings - sys info - network (from memory) - has it acquired an IP address? if so can you ping it from a PC?

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 21:57:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattH

REPASSAC - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Have a look at settings - sys info - network (from memory) - has it acquired an IP address? if so can you ping it from a PC?

Yep, network settings are fine. Could load the Humax Portal and browse picasa, etc (sorry, I should have mentioned I checked this).

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 22:06:27 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattH

Oh yay, iPlayer works again now. It's fixed itself.

(unless there's a Humax engineer who's read my mail already and somehow pushed a fix to my box, I'm thinking this is unlikely)

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 22:34:10 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.