My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

LOCKING RECORDING not protecting.

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Su

I thought by locking a recording it helped deleting in error. That’s not happening on my set up. If I lock a batch of recordings with one or two locked included - they all get deleted without prompting to use PIN.

| Sat 24 Dec 2022 16:10:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Su - 20 mins ago  » 
    I thought by locking a recording it helped deleting in error. That’s not happening on my set up. If I lock a batch of recordings with one or two locked included - they all get deleted without prompting to use PIN.

Hi Su,

Welcome to the forum. Which model of Pvr do you have? Several of my pvr's the lock only works for the auto delete operation. If you manually delete, then yes the recordings are lost. Very confusing. Some pvrs inc. Panasonic allow you to lock recording & you can only delete if you enter password for each recording by going into options & unprotecting the file. John L

| Sat 24 Dec 2022 16:34:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Su - 2 days ago  » 

Welcome to the forum.

Locking a recording on a Humax recorder and it will do some of the following, but which ones will depend on which model and software you are using:
    - Only play if a password is supplied
    - Only copy if a password is supplied
    - Only manually delete if a password is also supplied
    - Exclude from auto delete

Looking at one of your other posts one of your recorders is an HDR-2000T, but with an unknown version of the software.

I have just locked a recording on an HDR-2000T. Its lock does block at least the first 3 of the 4.

Perhaps you do not have the latest software or perhaps you are using a different model, but unless you logon to the forum and post a reply on the forum it will not be possible to be more specific.

| Mon 26 Dec 2022 20:28:06 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.