My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Long Press for Deep Standby

(9 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I'm trying to put my Aura into deep standby (DS)by using the 'long press' technique, but am having no success. I've tried it using the remote and also the Off button on the unit, but nothing puts it into DS (I know it's not in DS because I'm monitoring the power consumption, and it remains at around 6W). I assume the box has to On (Blue light) in order to carry out this function, although I have tried it from both On and also Off Standby.

How long is 'Long Press'?

I can force the box into DS by setting the On and Off times to when I can monitor it (the power consumption then drops to 0.5W).

| Fri 12 Nov 2021 16:14:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have set mine to go into deep standby automatically 1 hour after going into normal standby and that seems to work well for me.

| Fri 12 Nov 2021 16:26:45 #2 |
  3. Mars

Mars

special member

Press the off button until a message appears 'Do you want to shutdown?' then press OK.

| Fri 12 Nov 2021 16:35:29 #3 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Mars - 19 mins ago  » 
    Press the off button until a message appears 'Do you want to shutdown?' then press OK.

Ah! That's what I've been doing wrong. I've been trying to put it into deep standby without the TV being on, so I've never seen that message.

Thanks for the information (and @Harters too).

| Fri 12 Nov 2021 16:58:27 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I was thinking that it may be like the Youview box which waits ten minutes before actually going from normal standby into DS which gives you a chance to change your mind without having to wait ages for it to boot up again.

(the Youview box does not have the long press method of going into DS but does allow you to configure times of day for it to stay in normal standby or go into DS)

| Sat 13 Nov 2021 19:02:44 #5 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

gomezz - 2 days ago  » 

the Youview box does not have the long press method of going into DS but does allow you to configure times of day for it to stay in normal standby or go into DS)

The Aura does allow you to set a time period when the box will be in DS and it does come out of DS to record if needed. I have now found out that remote scheduling doesn't work with the box in DS.

| Tue 16 Nov 2021 12:39:15 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jhlb2010

Harters - 5 mnths ago  » 
    I have set mine to go into deep standby automatically 1 hour after going into normal standby and that seems to work well for me.

How do you set this please?

| Fri 15 Apr 2022 9:16:41 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jhlb2010

The Aura does allow you to set a time period when the box will be in DS and it does come out of DS to record if needed. I have now found out that remote scheduling doesn't work with the box in DS.

| Fri 15 Apr 2022 9:21:06 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jhlb2010

How do you set the DS time period please?

| Fri 15 Apr 2022 9:23:35 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.