My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Loss of BBC iPlayer

(14 posts)
  1. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

The BBC have announced that they are withdrawing support for BBC iPlayer V2 in September: see here. As this is the version installed on the HD-FOX T2, this device will lose BBC iPlayer. This could be fixed by Humax releasing a 1.03.xx software version for the HD-FOX but I have read nothing to indicate that such a software update is planned.

| Sun 10 Aug 2014 11:17:02 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Screenshot from iPlayer on a HD-FOX today:

Attachments

1. iPlayer%20HD-FOX%20T2.jpg (64.3 KB, 20 downloads) 9 years old
    | Sun 10 Aug 2014 16:37:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

MontysEvilTwin - 1 minute ago  » 

There's no screenshot.

| Sun 10 Aug 2014 16:40:09 #3 |
  4. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Owen Smith - 2 minutes ago  » 

MontysEvilTwin - 1 minute ago  » 

There's no screenshot.

The first one was >0.1MB so it did not upload correctly. Smaller version posted now.

| Sun 10 Aug 2014 16:44:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chris P

Very disappointed with Humax for not upgrading their firmware for the FOX HD T2 unit to enable to run the latest version of the BBC iplayer app. I purchased my unit around 4 years ago , so really did not expect it to be obsolete so soon. One the main reasons I picked this unit was because of the HD output and the fact it had the BBC iplayer.
    The Portal did not work for 4 months last year and when it did return it did not support iplayer.
    Whats going on Humax , why don't they just upgrade their firmware to correct this issue . Or is it they have had you money and no longer care about their customers ?.

| Wed 14 Jan 2015 17:18:35 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Have you missed the sticky post at top of our Forum?

| Wed 14 Jan 2015 17:59:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chris P

Humax have just issued new firmware upgrade on 14/01/2015 to enable BBC I player to work on Fox HD T2 unit. I have just uploaded it on to unit and it works . Well done Humax , shame it took so long. However very happy to have i player back.

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 22:31:16 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If you had read the sticky post at the top of forum you would have been aware of this before you made comments at post #5

As some of our members have already commented, Humax should be applauded for updating a unit that has been out of production for a number of years.

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 0:25:13 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Humax should be applauded for updating a unit that has been out of production for a number of years.

That is an understatement.
    Humax should be applauded for not only updating a unit that has been out of production for a number of years but also for addressing an issue for some users that is not Humax's responsibility and never has been.

Humax manufactured a freeview HD receiver, the HD-FOX T2, that could also access BBC iPlayer V2. That the BBC ceased iPlayer V2 cannot be attributed to Humax.

As far as I am aware Humax have never stated that the HD-FOX T2 is 'future proof' or that the HD-FOX T2 will have access to BBC iPlayer regardless of how the BBC choose to supply it. If a retailer sold it otherwise that is between the buyer and the retailer and nothing to do with Humax.

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 2:18:43 #9 |
  10. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I had pretty much mothballed my HD-FOX units. Now they have a bit of life in them again. Things have moved on and most TVs now have Freeview HD and iPlayer. However, the HD-FOX is really useful as an upgrade to a bedroom TV, for example, and is a superb DLNA client for the HDR-FOX and the HDR-1800T/-2000T. My sister has a Samsung 'smart' blu-ray player of a similar age to the HD-FOX. It also lost iPlayer last year and I don't think that Samung are likely to release an update.

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 5:02:49 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.