My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Loss of BBC iPlayer

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

My parents have a Full HD TV in their bedroom, it's only two years old and yet does not have a DVB-T2 receiver (which ought to have been made illegal). So I put an HD Fox T2 on it for HD reception, and it DLNA streams from their HDR Fox T2 downstairs (over wired ethernet). It's great to have iPlayer back on the HD Fox T2. The TV is not connected to ethernet, my mum and dad find it's smart features too complicated to use.

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 13:40:15 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

MontysEvilTwin - 12 hours ago  » 
    My sister has a Samsung 'smart' blu-ray player of a similar age to the HD-FOX. It also lost iPlayer last year and I don't think that Samung are likely to release an update.

I'm guessing it depends on how recently the TV or STB was bought, rather thn whn it went out of production.

Someone who bought a HD-FoxT2 or a Samsung TV a couple of years ago might well be entitled to some redress if a significant part of the functionality stopped working. That would be via a claim against the retailer. In the case of the HD-FoxT2, a lot of the most recent sales must surely have been refurbished "Manager's Specials" sold by HumaxDirect.

By rights most users would probably agree that the responsibility should rest with the BBC, but the Sale of Goods Act makes the seller liable.

Of course, such a situation might well be covered by Humax's agreement with the providers of the players. In any case, it's in the interests of all parties for users not to be left in the lurch.

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 17:56:58 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

JamesB - 58 minutes ago  » 
    I'm guessing it depends on how recently the TV or STB was bought, rather thn whn it went out of production.
    Someone who bought a HD-FoxT2 or a Samsung TV a couple of years ago might well be entitled to some redress if a significant part of the functionality stopped working. That would be via a claim against the retailer. In the case of the HD-FoxT2, a lot of the most recent sales must surely have been refurbished "Manager's Specials" sold by HumaxDirect.
    By rights most users would probably agree that the responsibility should rest with the BBC, but the Sale of Goods Act makes the seller liable.

The Samsung blu-ray player is not inherently faulty and therefore the seller is not liable.

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 19:01:56 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Luke - 7 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 58 minutes ago  » 

The Samsung blu-ray player is not inherently faulty and therefore the seller is not liable.

You may be right. IANAL.

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 19:16:31 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.