My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Loss of EPG following s/w update

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterkh

Everything has been working OK up until a couple of days ago. But, sunday morning (Jan 7th), on selecting any one of the on-demand channels, link unavailable was reported. Power cycling of the Humax & router had no effect, so I tried "factory defaults", but the problem remained. Next, I downloaded & installed the latest s/w. Since then, there is no EPG & "no signal" reported from the satellite Freesat channel search. The non-freesat channels are all OK & signal strength/quality are reported as good. My guess is that, following the latest s/w installation, the receiver is now looking for the UK beam from Astra 2, whereas previously it was getting the EPG from the European beam. So my question is: is there any way of setting the HDR 1000S to retrieve the EPG from the European beam? Or any other suggestions?
    Finally, on-demand is now working OK since installing & using the Freesat app. I should also mention that I live in Southern Spain.

| Mon 8 Jan 2018 4:39:38 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You must have a very large dish to receive the UK bean from Southern Spain.

The latest software does not change the frequency it looks for the EPG. Factory reset is a special case in that it needs access to the freesat transponder (11428 H 27500 2/3).
    Other than factory reset the EPG is trickle broadcast from all freesat channels.

11428 H changed to a UK transponder quite some time back. I suspect you have been unable to get this frequency for some time otherwise your unit would have automatically updated the software.

The question is why you are not receiving this frequency. I would suggest you check what you are receiving in non-freesat mode against this list http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear. note the polarisation (L or H) and if the frequency is below or above 10.7 GHz. Also note the beam.
    If you see any pattern post details.

There is no way to set the unit to load the EPG at factory reset from the European beam. But you could take your unit to a Friends and do a reset there.

| Mon 8 Jan 2018 7:29:12 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The freesat transponder move to a UK spot beam was at the end of June 2015.

| Mon 8 Jan 2018 14:30:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterkh

Thanks for responding - that all makes sense now.
    Just as a matter of general interest, the locals have swung their dishes round & are using Intelsat 907 now for UKTV (the BISS codes are readily available). Since the UK channels moved to the UK beam, we have been using IPTV for UK channels, from a server in Denmark. Where there's a demand, the market will provide . . .

| Tue 9 Jan 2018 6:48:02 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.