My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Loss of Recorded programs

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Duncan22

Have had good service out of my 9150T but last week it lost all my recorded programs, assumed this was due to it's age and had thought of getting the latest Humax PVR, however it seems this is a common problem no matter what model of Humax you have and even on the latest model there is no facility to connect to broadband unless a cable is used.
    Why Humax cannot sort out these problems is beyond me, they have a good product but will lose customers unless they shape up.

| Mon 29 Jul 2013 15:32:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Duncan22 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Have had good service out of my 9150T but last week it lost all my recorded programs, assumed this was due to it's age and had thought of getting the latest Humax PVR, however it seems this is a common problem no matter what model of Humax you have and even on the latest model there is no facility to connect to broadband unless a cable is used.

Losing all recorded programs is a relatively common problem on the 9200,9150 and 9300 but the box can usually be returned to full health by formatting the disk from the HDD Control menu item in the Record Menu. It certainly isn't a common problem on the HDR-FOX T2 which can also use a WiFi USB dongle for connection to a network.

| Mon 29 Jul 2013 15:57:13 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Whilst significant for those affected, out of the 100's of thousand SD PVR's sold only a very small percentage of users where/are affected. I have every model and have never lost recordings.

| Mon 29 Jul 2013 16:13:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Duncan22

Thanks for the responses, must admit this was the first time it had ever done this.
    Reformatted the hard drive and so far so good, only time will tell.
    However I have had good service from it.
    Thanks for the info about the Humax HDR-FOX T2 will certainly check that out in case another PVR is needed.

| Mon 5 Aug 2013 16:51:29 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.