My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Loss of signal via HDMI

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chautara

Hi, my well used HD 1100s, after years of relatively problem free use, has decided to throw a wobbly. Part way through watching a programme the tv went blank and was reporting “No Signal” via the HDMI input.

The box is powered up and has both red standby and blue on lights. The hard drive is also running. I’ve rebooted both tv and Humax, changed the HDMI cable, used a different HDMI input on the tv. I’ve also resorted to trying all on a different tv, but to no avail.

It looks terminal to me and I’m at the point of admitting defeat and resorting to streaming (the new Freesat box with its inability to handle HDR on a 4K tv means that it’s not a replacement option for me).

Do you think I’m correct in my assumptions?

| Wed 14 Sep 2022 17:20:36 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

The HDR issue with the Freesat 4K box is much exaggerated.

| Fri 16 Sep 2022 12:26:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chautara

In what way is it exaggerated? How do you find it?

| Fri 16 Sep 2022 12:40:24 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

Assuming that the problem is the Freesat box flagging everything as HDR, then this is solved on my Sony OLED TV by changing the HDMI signal format to standard rather than enhanced and then there is no HDR flag. In fact, the picture seems fine when the HDMI signal format is set to enhanced and flagged as HDR, but if you switch off HDR then the colours look washed out.

| Fri 16 Sep 2022 14:39:09 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.