My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Lost all recordings

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mm99

I was very happy with the Aura. It was doing a great job of replacing a Virgin V6 for the last few weeks, and streets ahead of a previous FVP400T.

But tonight it has lost all recordings. I was watching one recorded last week which was glitching as the signal was poor (aerial since upgraded), deleted that, came back to the box 5 mins later and nothing. The schedule is still populated and has started recording, which is the only one showing up. I've powered off, left for 10 mins and rebooted, but after an hour still nothing appearing. Any ideas how to recover them?

| Sun 4 Jul 2021 21:39:51 #1 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Forgive me if any of this sounds too simple. Have you checked that it’s not just how you are viewing the recording folder? Have you got Schedule still highlighted on left? Have you looked under channel and days of week on left under recording? What does it say on bottom left Storage? What %free? If it says 100% free then they are gone.

Did you possibly select all (fast forward button) when you went to delete the bad recording? Then you would have deleted all recordings. As far as I know you can’t get back deleted recordings. The Aura is not like the V6 as it doesn’t put deleted recordings in a bin where they can be retrieved. It shouldn’t really be possible to loose all recordings short of a catastrophic hard drive failure. When you say you ‘powered off’. Did you shut down normally (i.e go into standby) and then unplug?

| Mon 5 Jul 2021 9:44:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mm99

Thanks for the response. I can't say definitely the fast forward button wasn't pressed, but it was deleted from the recordings screen not during play, so seems unlikely. They are definitely not visible. We can see one recording from last night. Storage says 94% free (2TB), but I don't recall what it was before.

Yes, put into standby then switched off at the wall for a while before plugging back in.

At this point I don't know whether to hope it was either user failure or a one off, or it heralds the start of more problems and return for a replacement. At least it only had 2 weeks of recordings, but does mean for a couple of nights we'll have to put up with the sh*te live telly they broadcast on the assumption that everyone wants to watch football

| Mon 5 Jul 2021 11:24:55 #3 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

mm99 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for the response. I can't say definitely the fast forward button wasn't pressed, but it was deleted from the recordings screen not during play, so seems unlikely. They are definitely not visible. We can see one recording from last night. Storage says 94% free (2TB), but I don't recall what it was before.
    Yes, put into standby then switched off at the wall for a while before plugging back in.
    At this point I don't know whether to hope it was either user failure or a one off, or it heralds the start of more problems and return for a replacement. At least it only had 2 weeks of recordings, but does mean for a couple of nights we'll have to put up with the sh*te live telly they broadcast on the assumption that everyone wants to watch football

I meant you might press fast forward to ‘select all’ in the recordings screen then if you hit delete you delete everything. But it’s not that likely you would accidentally press that. I can’t really say how that might happen.

Are the 6% of recordings on hard drive all since the loss? Are there enough to make 6%?

Is there a way in Android to see what critical event happened? Not sure.

I did once have all recordings disappear on my old 4000T back before the last system software upgrade when the hard drive was 96% full and had been going for years. I had to reformat the hard drive. But not had that on my new Aura.

Have you tried a Freeview reset? Or possibly a factory reset, but back up your user preferences first. It might be a fault with the Aura but I haven’t heard of any other loss of recordings

| Mon 5 Jul 2021 13:08:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mm99

There's only 1 program of 1.75 hours on HD, which even if 10GB would be less than 0.5% used of the 2TB storage. So either the recordings are there, just not visible or not indexed or something, or some is reserved for software like on a phone and would never show 100% available for recordings.

I've just turned it on and no picture or sound, just the banner at the bottom, so had to power off again. I'm going to send it back for a replacement.

| Mon 5 Jul 2021 14:13:18 #5 |
  6. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

mm99 - 27 mins ago  » 
    There's only 1 program of 1.75 hours on HD, which even if 10GB would be less than 0.5% used of the 2TB storage. So either the recordings are there, just not visible or not indexed or something, or some is reserved for software like on a phone and would never show 100% available for recordings.
    I've just turned it on and no picture or sound, just the banner at the bottom, so had to power off again. I'm going to send it back for a replacement.

Yes. But try reset first

| Mon 5 Jul 2021 14:41:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

Would a good way to check the existence of the recordings be to ftp into the Aura from a browser (assuming usual domestic IP address range: 192.168.1.xx:8080)? As one of the options available is a recording list it'll tell you straight away if they still exist.

| Tue 6 Jul 2021 17:42:36 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.