My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

lost channels

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

acomb

I wonder if anyone can help with my problems of missing channels. I cannot receive the following itv 4,channel four e4 more 4and film 4 the signal is too weak. However on the other channels the signal information is good or normal on both tuners, I have a new lnb and have recabled the system. I have noticed that some times on the missing channels there is a good signal on one tuner and another day the signal is on the other tuner but no picture appears. I have also noticed that the menu to perform a factory reset does not always appear. I hope I have provided enough information for someone to help me solve this problem, thanks in advance

| Sun 18 Mar 2018 12:32:29 #1 |
  2. Chris O

Chris O

I’ve got a Freeview 5000 box bought a couple of months ago.
    Tried to retune it 4 times last night and had the same problem. No ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5 channels will tune in.

| Sun 18 Mar 2018 14:13:29 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

acomb - Exact region info would be helpful.
    I suspect a cable or connection problem.
    If you do a factory default reset how many LNBs does it report?

| Sun 18 Mar 2018 15:14:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

acomb

I live in the South of France and yes the menu says it is connected with 2 tuners

| Mon 19 Mar 2018 12:40:08 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

These channels are in very near frequencies. This would suggest something (for example a DECT phone) could be interfering. What other equipment is nearby?.

What postcode area are you in and what dish size? I am in 32460 with a 100cm dish.

Also please post the region the Humax is set to receive as this will enable precise identification of the frequency and polarisation of the channel.

| Mon 19 Mar 2018 13:43:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

acomb

I have a 1 metre sat dish and my post code is 82440 and I think it is set for astra 2.What seems odd is that sometimes it says tuner 1 is receiving a good signal and then another day tuner 2 is receiving a good signal but no picture is seen thanks in advance

| Sun 25 Mar 2018 12:50:27 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would guess that 1m is slightly smaller than I would advise - poor weather tolerance, etc.
    You should be aware than anything over 1M should require agreement from your commune.

What skew (twist) do you have on your LNB?

| Sun 25 Mar 2018 20:11:11 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.