My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

lost channels

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

acomb 1951

I wonder if any one could help me, I have lost some of my channels on the humax. The signal either shows no signal on both tuners or a good signal on one tuner. The channels I have all show a good signal on both tuners. The question I want an answer to is to help narrow down the problem, is it the dish or the lnb giving this problem?
    Thanks in advance

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 8:37:41 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

Oh come on now. Give us a clue as to which channels you have lost. It might just help in remote diagnosis of the problem.

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 9:13:39 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

And don't forget region info.

Here is a list: https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html to see if you can spot anything like the V or H in column 1, low or high frequencies.

If you start a recoring of the channel you are watching what channels are missing on tuner 2?

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 10:05:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

acomb 1951

The following channels have no signal on any tuner bbc2 hd channel4 bbc1hd itv2 itv4 e4 more4+1 itv4+1 dave drama. The following have good signal on tuner 2 but no picture yesterday really home film four. bbc4hd has signal on tuner 1 but again no picture. Hope this helps

| Tue 4 Jun 2019 11:35:38 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

acomb 1951 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    The following channels have no signal on any tuner bbc2 hd channel4 bbc1hd itv2 itv4 e4 more4+1 itv4+1 dave drama. The following have good signal on tuner 2 but no picture yesterday really home film four. bbc4hd has signal on tuner 1 but again no picture. Hope this helps

No obvious pattern as you have lost both Horizontal and Vertical polarisation channels though without a postcode hard to be sure which transponder you would get BBC2 HD on. Check the cables for any sign of water ingress. If damp at the box end disconnect immediately and replace the cables.

Do you have your own dish or is it a communal set up ?

If it's your own dish I would swap the lnb. If you a have a Sky type dish replacement lnb's are as cheap as chips on e-bay. If you have an older dish you will likely need a legacy adapter.

| Tue 4 Jun 2019 11:59:25 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.