My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Lost EPG

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scifix

So here's the answer, as reported to me today from Humax:-

"The EPG contract has been finished in Australia, you need to change EPG type to RF EPG. Unfortunately, we can not provide any further IP EPG services.
    <HMS-1000T>
    Press HOME – settings – PVR settings – IP EPG – OFF
    <HDR-3000T>
    Press HOME – settings – PVR settings – EPG Type – Basic EPG
    Thank you.
    Kind regards"

So that's it folks, no more internet sourced EPG.
    I hope Plan B works.

| Mon 15 May 2023 3:00:39 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scifix

Further to this, the RF based EPG works fine, picking up its EPG via the TV signal.
    Downside is the remote programming died with the cancelling of the internet based EPG, a real dissapointment, as I have often set up a recording on the Humax whilst I have been interstate or overseas.

If Humax released an updated version of the 4Tune I'd go out and buy one.

| Mon 15 May 2023 8:56:51 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DP Howie

My reply to Humax Australia.

Thankyou for the info. This was my fear, now reality. The HMS-1000T is a great PVR. It was ridiculed by idiots in it's early software days and sadly as you know never recovered. The later software is not perfect, but mine performs super well, as long as there is no second HDD mounted, and the main HDD is kept below 90% capacity. I have 4 of these units, people selling them off with 100% full HDD's. One of my 4 has failed and just yesterday my 2nd. Such a shame the HMS-1000T was bagged and now no IP EPG.
    I have worked in broadcast TV all my life. I worked at SONY for 15 years. When I say the HMS-1000T is a great PVR, it comes with true and sincere criticism.

Thankyou again for your reply. Dave.

| Wed 17 May 2023 13:26:31 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.