My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost HD and No Sound

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

N J Drew

Hi,

Ive had my Humax Freesat HDR-1000S for just under 2 years with no issue but two weeks ago, it no longer connects via the HD correctly.

On starting up, it displays the humax logo and freesat as 1080p but then after it goes down to 1440x570.

It doesnt play sound and my Samsung TV signal keeps it at 1440x570 resolution.

I've switched off the box at mains to reset. Started box up first, then tv, tv first, then box, no difference.
    Tried two different HDMI cables.
    Performed a factory reset.
    Connected HD from box to my sound system HDMI and to TV, no sound comes out of the sound system directly either.

Ive used the same cables and HDMI ports for my PS3 and everything from the PS3 comes out as full HD.

Ive updated the firmware on my Samsung to the latest firmware.

The latest Humax software version is UKSFAA 2.0.2.34 and says there no futher firmware updates.

Looking through the forums, it looks like the hand shake isnt working but seems to work initially on startup (the humax and freesat logo come up as 1080p) but after when loading it then reduces it down.

Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Many Thanks in advance

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 13:56:19 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

HD is also an abbreviation for Harddisk, I think you mean HDMI.

In picture and Sound settings, what do you have set for:
    1. Resolution
    2. Digital audit out.

A factory reset will have reset these.
    Try setting 1080p and Stereo and post again if the problems persists.

You do not mention which channels you tried when testing the sound. HD channels use AC3 audio which is normally passed to the TV as part of the HDMI signal and is up to the end equipment to handle. Digital audio out set to stereo will handle it in the same way as SD channels.

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 14:18:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

N J Drew

Humax settings has:

the resolution is fixed at 1080p. It's greyed out and I cant change it.
    Digital Audio Out is stereo.

I can get sound out via the optical output directly into my stereo system but not going through hdmi.

I tried several channels via the HDMI cable both directly through the TV and my surround sound system, both BBC SD and BBC HD channels. I could only get audio when going through the optical output.
    When putting the HDMI to my surround system first and out to the tv I dont get a picture at all.

I notice the freetime logo has changed. Before it used to be white and slowly spell out freetime. Now its in blue and red...

I'm noticed this as for no reason at all, the Humax box has restarted and rebooted as I was sitting here writing this when it had the settings menu up.

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 22:49:51 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The reboots are caused by last weeks update which is later than the two weeks you mention.

It is rather strange that 1080P is greyed out. It implies that the Humax thinks that the TV does not support 1080P. I would suggest that you try a different HDMI port or investigate the TV settings. Did the problem exist before you upgraded the TV firmware or was the problem the reason for upgrading?

Do you have another TV you can test the unit on? It would be good to confirm that the Humax is sending sound. You could also try setting digital audio out to multi-channel and trying a BBC HD channel as the sound should be encoded and sent with the picture.

| Tue 23 Jun 2015 6:44:24 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.