My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

lost 'on demand'

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

oscarsolo

I have lost my 'on demand'. Have re loaded internet etc but with no success. Any suggestions?

| Sun 8 Oct 2017 18:15:28 #1 |
  2. HughieDad

HughieDad

My new FVP-5000T 2TB has done the same. The YouTube app still works, so the ethernet connection is live, but the i-player and other on-demand apps are missing from the PLAYERs screens. The ON-DEMAND screen just says "Not currently available. Try again later." I've used the i-player once, so where's it gone? Love the machine and this is our first glitch. Any ideas?

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 18:07:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Just an idea, but Try the red Freeview Play button.
    I think you'll find all the available on Demand Hubs at the Bottom of the screen.
    Or judt scroll back on your Guide for the Last 7 Days.
    It would be interesting to see your results.

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 18:20:26 #3 |
  4. HughieDad

HughieDad

Hi John1. Thanks for the prompt reply. When I scroll back the GUIDE into the past it just says NO PROGRAMME INFORMATION. When I press FREEVIEW PLAY and select PLAYERS I see three lines of icons. The top row of large icons (where the i-player, etc. used to be) are all greyed out. The next row of large icons, titled HUMAX APPS, are there and appear live: NETFLIX, YOUTUBE, HUMAXEYE, etc. The bottom row of small icons (AESOP'S FABLES, etc.) all seem active, too.

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 18:37:16 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A glitch negotiating with servers?

Just checked my 5000T and all present and correct.

Try powering down unit for a few minutes then switch on again.

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 19:18:05 #5 |
  6. HughieDad

HughieDad

Hi Barry. STAND-BY hasn't made any difference. I'll try a cold-reboot when the current recording has finished. BTW I just noticed some of the past GUIDE listing has populated, so I clicked on a programme and it played from STV ON-DEMAND. However, next time I looked it was showing NO PROGRAMME INFORMATION, again.

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 19:30:35 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

've just checked on my 5000t as well, all present and correct .
    I'm wondering if it could be the internet speed in your area at this moment in time.
    The reason I say this is when I first installed mine I had the same Not available message, which is how I found the Freeview play button way in.
    At this moment in time everything is ok, which brings me to conclude that your machine may not be at fault, but it may be the server having problems.

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 19:47:01 #7 |
  8. HughieDad

HughieDad

A cold reboot (I pulled the power lead out for a few minutes) did the trick, in that the FREEVIEW and ON-DEMAND buttons now bring up the apps for the main catch-up services, along with suggestions of old programmes to watch. However, the GUIDE is still not populating properly with past programmes. Entries will appear, sometimes, and then disappear again. We're in a rural area, so we rarely get more than 5 or 6 Mb/s, but it seems to be working well at present.

Update: The ON-DEMAND button is now bringing up the "It is not available at the moment. Please try again later" message. Annoying!

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 22:34:03 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

I thought so. The on demand side of anything goes through the internet.
    So if your speed is slow or a bit unstable you may well get some problems.
    Just before I installed my 5000t I checked on my Panasonic Freeview Play machine to make sure it was working before I donated it to charity.
    On that it i brought up and started to play the i player but froze for around 30 seconds. As did my TV with the catch up apps.
    On installing the Humax it came up like yours as not available try later.
    So the next day when I thought the internet would not be as Busy Both the TV, and the Humax was fine. That is with us on Fibre Optics.
    That's how I cam to the possibility of it being an internet server Problem,
    Rather than TV, or Humax Humax at fault.
    Just Like you We love the 5000t.
    I hope it all work's out for you.

| Mon 30 Oct 2017 10:01:32 #9 |
  10. HughieDad

HughieDad

Thanks, John1. The i-player on our LG (not now so smart) telly has always performed well, but other channels' catch-up services have been annoyingly unstable, too, even on PCs. Hopeful Humax can improve the software with future updates.

| Tue 31 Oct 2017 14:28:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.