My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Ludicrously sloppy programming of HDR FOX T2 - losing timers on re-tune

(15 posts)
  1. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

I can't believe that all timers are lost when doing a channel re-tune on the HDR FOX T2. Lots of other PVRs only lose timers on channels which change during this process (e.g. Topfield running MyStuff). I'm a programmer myself and I can't believe that Humax can't write a simple bit of code to keep timers on channels which haven't changed in the re-tune. What sort of people are they employing?

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 20:23:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

musictechguy - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I can't believe that all timers are lost when doing a channel re-tune on the HDR FOX T2. Lots of other PVRs only lose timers on channels which change during this process (e.g. Topfield running MyStuff). I'm a programmer myself and I can't believe that Humax can't write a simple bit of code to keep timers on channels which haven't changed in the re-tune. What sort of people are they employing?

In the main, Korean people I would think, but if you install the custom firmware you need never lose your timers again.

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 20:47:10 #2 |
  3. Reisser

Reisser

I agree!

I am so annoyed as I lost the live episode of Emmerdale tonight,and some other programmes, due to the flipping thing carrying out a retune even though I had done it earlier!

I kept getting the pop up box and didn't realise it would automatically carry out a retune wiping out my timers if I didn't put it in standby.

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 22:39:22 #3 |
  4. Reisser

Reisser

Isn't custom firmware for the Foxsat?

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 22:40:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Reisser - 1 hour ago  » 
    Isn't custom firmware for the Foxsat?

No; there is (different) custom firmware for FOXSAT and the HD Freeview boxes.

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 0:08:54 #5 |
  6. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

raydon - 12 hours ago  » 

musictechguy - 20 minutes ago  » 

In the main, Korean people I would think, but if you install the custom firmware you need never lose your timers again.

So what's the story on the custom software? I guess unsupported by Humax. How many use it?

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 9:44:39 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

So what's the story on the custom software? I guess unsupported by Humax.

Correct.

How many use it?

See for yourself, have a look HERE.

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 16:48:06 #7 |
  8. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

raydon - 16 hours ago  » 

So what's the story on the custom software? I guess unsupported by Humax.

Correct.

How many use it?

See for yourself, have a look HERE.

Looks great. But I think I'll stick to the native code.

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 8:48:41 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Opps - deleted - did not notice this was a T2 thread.

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 9:27:30 #9 |
  10. brian

brian

special member

musictechguy - 1 day ago  » 

You say that "Lots" of other PVR's lose timers when retuning, yet only mention One, and that one is running additional software to make it behave that way. A Topfield running native firmware also loses it's timers when retuning, so what are these "Lots" of other PVR's then?

It has already been pointed out to you that the customised firmware will allow you to back up and restore your scheduled timers.

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 10:00:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.