My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Maiden Post - Have PVR9300T where to next?

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

Just fancied a Freesat, nothing wrong with Freeview.
    I have always avoided SKY so never had a dish before.
    I can never understand people paying £40 a month for SKY when they can get so much for free.

| Mon 23 Feb 2015 12:20:26 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

Just realised, when I said that £20 extends the warranty with John Lewis for an extra 3 years, that isn't correct, it extends the warranty to 3 years, so only one extra year really but adds 3 years accidental damage to it, can't think how you can have an accident with it really, unless you drop it, I really thought it was an extra 3 years so £20, not the bargain I thought it was.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 12:39:29 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chris547

Thanks for that Ozzie we used to have a dish that came with the house however I sold it so don't fancy replacing it. Still interesting that you are motivated to keep the 9300T because of the quality of the picture. Mine was making noises and had picture disturbance which thankfully have stopped so perhaps it was some kind of radio or electrical interference that has gone away perhaps a taxi outside?

I have spent time setting up my TV picture with the test card and the quality I am getting from my 9300T (upscaling from 640 to 720) is very close to 1080 from the TV's full HD tuner and perhaps the 9300T's colour density is better than the TV can produce itself.

I have a Canon digital camera with a full frame sensor and some L lenses so I know what good colour images look like!

I believe the 9300T to have quite exceptional picture quality and am interested to hear from anyone that has a later box which improves on it. That might bring one or two irate posts telling me that the 9300T is way out of date, we will see. You Humax Satellite aficionados also seem pretty pleased with your boxes.

I also have some B&W vintage Matrix speakers which I must hook up to my boxes however using the 9300T sound is way better than the TV can produce so the Humax sound signal is good as well.

Those of you with several different Humax boxes are no doubt happy bunnies!

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 20:43:20 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.