My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

maximum number of recording

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

Well one source is you ... ext3 isn't a "flat file system".

P.S. I have no idea why you think the rest of Post 9 and all of Post 10 are relevant to proving/disproving the post that you are quoting.

| Thu 12 Apr 2018 22:45:48 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

BB - 5 hours ago  » 
    The 4000T doesn't use a flat file system ...

Your post is a little odd.

All other factors being equal a non-flat file system would hold about the same as flat file system or much more.

| Fri 13 Apr 2018 0:10:48 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BB - 11 hours ago  » 
    Well one source is you ... ext3 isn't a "flat file system".
    P.S. I have no idea why you think the rest of Post 9 and all of Post 10 are relevant to proving/disproving the post that you are quoting.

I never said that EXT3 is a non flat file system. I merely pointed out that Humax boxes use EXT3 and pointed you to a source detailing the details of the limitations of this. Also observed none of these could be related to to the OP's ideas why his box indicated no space left for recording. It's very easy to fill up a 500GB HDD on a 4000/5000T particulary if you record lots of series in HD like Corrie and Emmerdale.

As Luke observes it's not really relevant anyway, the details I posted should have told you that.

| Fri 13 Apr 2018 10:41:42 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mcmad

Got a litle bit more info. She had turned the box on and gone into recordings when the message popped up about there being more than 1500 recordings - not sure if that was actual recordings or recordings and scheduled - and some would have to be deleted before any more could be added.Definately not HD being full as a lot of series recorded 15 minutes kids programmes. Dont know what the figures were at the time but currently after a bit of a clear out there are 1210 recordings, 813GB hd space available and 36 recordings scheduled although almost all are series.

Box is a 2TB 4000 with the 1.03.39 software.

| Fri 13 Apr 2018 13:19:18 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Mcmad - 15 minutes ago  » 
    after a bit of a clear out

Was the "clear out" just deleting recordings from the HDD or was it also deleting future recordings from the schedule?

Mcmad - 15 minutes ago  » 
    She had turned the box on and gone into recordings when the message popped up about there being more than 1500 recordings - not sure if that was actual recordings or recordings and scheduled - and some would have to be deleted before any more could be added.

If you get the message again please would you post exactly what the messages says word for word and any punctuation?
    And also check the HDD space available.
    Also if the message appears again try to set a new series and a new single programme to record. One of the old SD recorders had a limit for series but it had no limit for individual, or repeat timers.

| Fri 13 Apr 2018 13:53:53 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mcmad - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Got a litle bit more info. She had turned the box on and gone into recordings when the message popped up about there being more than 1500 recordings - not sure if that was actual recordings or recordings and scheduled - and some would have to be deleted before any more could be added.Definately not HD being full as a lot of series recorded 15 minutes kids programmes. Dont know what the figures were at the time but currently after a bit of a clear out there are 1210 recordings, 813GB hd space available and 36 recordings scheduled although almost all are series.
    Box is a 2TB 4000 with the 1.03.39 software.

I never got anywhere near 1500 recordings when I filled up my 2TB HDD.

Seems a odd restriction. 10 bits isn't large enough to hold 1500 decimal and 11 bits would give 2047 recordings.

Any rough ideas how many files you had in the largest series recording folder.

| Fri 13 Apr 2018 14:03:40 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mcmad

Have set up some additional recordings to try and get back up to around 1500 and have told her to take a picture of any error messages in future.

Was mainly recordings that were cleared out, only have been 1 or 2 schedules that were removed although why the box now keeps schedules indefinitely in the list is beyond me.

Largest number of items recorded in a series is 169.

Will feed back once i get back up to 1500.

| Fri 13 Apr 2018 14:41:35 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mcmad - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Have set up some additional recordings to try and get back up to around 1500 and have told her to take a picture of any error messages in future.
    Was mainly recordings that were cleared out, only have been 1 or 2 schedules that were removed although why the box now keeps schedules indefinitely in the list is beyond me.

They aren't indefinite. The broadcasters have an arrangement where CRID codes can be recycled after not being used for 13 weeks. If they don't pick up any new recordings after 13 weeks they get auto deleted.

| Fri 13 Apr 2018 14:53:36 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Blimey, I get in a lather once I reach 10 recordings of Frasier and begin watching them. I like to keep the HDD at no more than 30% full.

I have been somewhat tawdry with our 1000s as that has reached 42% full - last years Gardeners World being 1 hour episodes to blame there. Also the 1000s is over 5 years old now.

| Fri 13 Apr 2018 15:00:45 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 minutes ago  » 

Mcmad - 9 minutes ago  » 

They aren't indefinite. The broadcasters have an arrangement where CRID codes can be recycled after not being used for 13 weeks. If they don't pick up any new recordings after 13 weeks they get auto deleted.

I wonder if that answers my question. I noticed the other day that The Real Marigold Hotel had a new episode recorded. However, when I went into the recording it was 3 hours of the Commonwealth Games - I wasn't amused. I have had a couple of other entries that ended up being the CG instead of the purported title.

The beeb keep messing up AR when it comes to sport. I smell a conspiracy.

| Fri 13 Apr 2018 15:06:25 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.