My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Media Share DLNA ?

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Poundbury

Hi All,

I am trying to view videos located on my PC using the Humax 1100s 'media share' function which I believe to be a DLNA client?

Try as I might I can't see any DLNA servers in media share. I have tried the inbuilt Windows 10 service and a third party media server (Serviio) both of which are visible on other devices on my network (e.g. VLC on my iPad) but not on the Humax.

On demand services work fine and I can 'ping' the box successfully so network connectivity seems fine - just no media servers showing up!

Any idea what I am doing wrong? The manual is silent on media sharing.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 13:00:59 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Poundbury - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Hi All,
    I am trying to view videos located on my PC using the Humax 1100s 'media share' function which I believe to be a DLNA client?
    Try as I might I can't see any DLNA servers in media share. I have tried the inbuilt Windows 10 service and a third party media server (Serviio) both of which are visible on other devices on my network (e.g. VLC on my iPad) but not on the Humax.
    On demand services work fine and I can 'ping' the box successfully so network connectivity seems fine - just no media servers showing up!
    Any idea what I am doing wrong? The manual is silent on media sharing.

What file container and what Video/Audio codecs do the videos you want to stream use.

MediaInfo will tell you the codecs.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Use View - Tree to see full details

Is your PC part of a workgroup and does your workgroup Video folder have a link to your shared video content ?

Read this thread

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/cannot-view-photos-from-my-home-network-computer

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 13:31:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Poundbury

Yes - Homegroup setup.

They are files recorded on an old Humax Foxsat HDR (.TS) show should be OK.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 13:38:51 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just played back a 1080p24 stored on my PC OK. I know I can stream from my Foxsat-HDR to HDR-1000S (Done it many times). You need the custom firmware and a DLNA server package.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 13:48:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Poundbury

Hi Graham,

Thanks for taking time to help me. I didn't think there was any custom firmware for the 1100s?

The files are taken from an old Foxsat HDR (which did have the custom firmware - hence why I was able to transfer them to my PC). I am attempting to play them back on my new 1100s via the media share function that is built in to the new box. I have a media server set up (Serviio) which works on every other device on my network except the 1100s - puzzling!

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 14:26:05 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Poundbury - 1 minute ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    Thanks for taking time to help me. I didn't think there was any custom firmware for the 1100s?
    The files are taken from an old Foxsat HDR (which did have the custom firmware - hence why I was able to transfer them to my PC). I am attempting to play them back on my new 1100s via the media share function that is built in to the new box. I have a media server set up (Serviio) which works on every other device on my network except the 1100s - puzzling!

There isn't any custom firmware, I was referring to the Foxsat-HDR.

The built in Windows 10 DLNA sharing works fine for me. If you read the thread I linked to that refers to jpg's but principle is the same. I can test a Foxsat file if you wish from my PC.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 14:30:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Poundbury

I've followed the thread and set up Win 10 DLNA and it works - on other devices - but not the 1100s...

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 14:34:28 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Poundbury - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I've followed the thread and set up Win 10 DLNA and it works - on other devices - but not the 1100s...

I will try my 1000S (same hardware and software) I may of been thinking FVP-5000T.

You are right 1000S shown no content at all when laptop is selected. It works fine using Twonky Media server on Foxsat-HDR and built in server on HDR-FOX-T2.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 14:46:29 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Poundbury

I am not even seeing the server name - don't get as far as actual media list

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 14:59:41 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

In Windows Media Player - check the settings under "Stream" including "More streaming options".

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 15:10:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.