My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Media Share Issue + ...

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alanm1969

Hi, remember me?

About three months ago, had trouble getting my satellite dish aligned to my receiver. In the end I found out that my wife's cousin had Sky so took the box around, and it was dead as a dodo.

Replacement arrived next day from John Lewis (great service), and bingo, I'm up and running.

You tube pairing - absolutely amazed!

One niggle at the moment - I'm new to using media servers (using WMP), and I am having issues getting it to appear in the Media Share portal.

I've switched on streaming media in WMP, and last night I successfully managed to get the server to appear to the hummy (and play a video), but this morning when I tried to show my wife, the media server just refused to appear. I had checked that my broadband connection was good on the hummy.

Router is choosing IP address for the box I think.

And a wii bit off topic - I'm on BT broadband so I'm looking to stream free BT sport to my non-DLNA TV - I presume I would need some kind of Portal like the you tube one to do it through the hummy. I researched the net and found that I could access the internet on the wii, but it appears that premium video content from BT sport requires silverlight which isn't available on the opera browser wii uses.

If I use the BT Sport app, how could I pair this up to my TV - is it possible? Any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Alan..

| Fri 12 Jul 2013 9:30:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alanm1969

Aha! Dig a little deeper - my xoom 2 media server has an HDMI TV out port.

So I'll have to buy a cable, but any nocost wireless options?

Still looking ...

Alan..

| Fri 12 Jul 2013 10:02:45 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.