My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Media Sharing

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shiralco

I am trying to share media mp4 files on my laptop with my Humax Freesat HDR1100s box but am obviously missing some key move. I have set my Windows10 laptop to media sharing, and when I go to Media Sharing on the Humax I can see the laptop. Selecting this it then offers me a range of options, such as Music, Pictures, Playlists and Videos. If I select Videos it presents me with a list of options, All videos, Folders … Recorded TV etc. Clicking on Folders it responds ‘No items’, but if I click on All videos it shows ‘loading’ and then lists a selection of both short (couple of minutes) videos and one half hour TV programme. These are all mp4 and come from a selection of different folders on the pc. These will all play successfully. There are lots of other mp4 files in the same folders which it for some reason ignores.

Trying to get into the thinking of the Humax I then created a folder called HumaxPCShare in the Recorded TV file already on Windows 10 and copied into this a short mp4 clip (one of the ones that the Humax had found under All videos). Going back to the Humax I was able to select ‘Recorded TV’ and then Folders and sure enough there was my folder HumaxPCShare, but when I clicked on this it said No items! Going back to Recorded TV and clicking on All recordings, it responds with No items. But if I select Series, it lists several mp4 TV programme recordings from other folders..

In addition to making the whole PC visible I have tried to share individual videos, but it asks me who with and doesn’t know the Humax. I have given up trying to work out what is going on. Is there some box somewhere I should have ticked? Any help would be much appreciated.

As an aside, I have just noticed that my Freesat EPG only gives the names of some channels, with others being blank. Scrolling down the list the name appears as you move over each channel but then goes blank again as you move past. Didn’t it used to show all the names, or am I going completely mad?

| Mon 23 Jul 2018 15:49:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try right clicking the folder and choose the include in library option and choose the appropriate options for the content.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-libraries-windows-10

| Mon 23 Jul 2018 16:40:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shiralco

Thanks Graham, did this but made no difference, the Humax still says no items. It's interesting that the 'include in Library' option only appears on some folders and not others. I will keep playing with it.

| Mon 23 Jul 2018 17:00:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shiralco

Tried it again and this time the folder and included video did appear under folders and plays! Must have been some delay in the system. Thanks Graham, once again you have come to the rescue. Any thoughts on the EPG issue?

| Mon 23 Jul 2018 17:06:12 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Shiralco - 41 minutes ago  » 
    Tried it again and this time the folder and included video did appear under folders and plays! Must have been some delay in the system. Thanks Graham, once again you have come to the rescue. Any thoughts on the EPG issue?

It takes a while for the computer to re-index the DLNA database.

Guessing the folders that did not have the option simply did not have any compatible files.

The icons generally repopulate themselves. Try leaving the box on BBC1 HD for a couple of hours.

| Mon 23 Jul 2018 17:48:30 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

When you share - select everyone when asked for whom.

| Mon 23 Jul 2018 19:06:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shiralco

Once again thanks Graham for all your help. Thanks also Repassac

| Mon 23 Jul 2018 20:19:31 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.